Fire Manuel (Again)

DonkeyKongerko

I wanted him fired before. Then we got hot and part of me wanted to believe it was because of Manuel. Well we sucked to the point where we already fired one hitting coach this year. I actually like Walker and think he is a better hitting coach than Ward was. We have been presented with yet ANOTHER PERFECT DAY TO FIRE MANUEL. This could be the 40th oh so time I could say that this year. Some say if it ain't broke don't fix it...WELL ITS f***IN BROKE MORONS!1! :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou

Guest hotsoxchick1
the faster JM is outta town the faster the team moves up in the standings

dont count on it...... jm can go and the guys can still sit around on their collective asses doing just exactly what they are right now.........absoultely nothing............remember the old saying.. careful what you wish for.......... ;) whos on the market that can do a better job???? and if they could do a better job why are they on the market??????? :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1
If you score 11 runs 1 day you keep the same lineup the next game, right? Not Jerry Tinker-roo! He is the only manager to not have the same lineup 2 games in a row! WHAT THE f*** IS THAT!

we havent had the same lineup since 2000.....dont ya think we should be used to it by now?????? :lolhitting

I don't want Torborg near any of the sox arms. I like the way he runs an offense though.

I still say BACKMAN BACKMAN BACKMAN. I also have nothing against Valentine cause I think he's a firey guy who will tell his players what on their mind and isn't afraid to bench them.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I don't want Torborg near any of the sox arms.  I like the way he runs an offense though. 

I still say BACKMAN BACKMAN BACKMAN.  I also have nothing against Valentine cause I think he's a firey guy who will tell his players what on their mind and isn't afraid to bench them.

sorry quickman but i have to concur with jas on this one.. if anyone comes here it should be backman. .he knows the guys and knows how to handle them............torborg???? our pitching staff would have to be well hidden from his eyes..........mho.......

Wow, I apprecaite your opinion everyone but repsectfully dissagree about TOrborg. Now there is no way Wally Backman is coming here in the middle of the season and taking htem tot he playoffs. Not happening. We need a big name guy who has managed the majors before and teams in the playoffs. Still think torborg would be good. Not a huge Valentine fan, I am sure alomar could comment to the SOx managment on him. Leyland won't take his buddies (JM) place. Johnson would be another choice.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Wow, I apprecaite your opinion everyone but repsectfully dissagree about TOrborg. Now there is no way Wally Backman is coming here in the middle of the season and taking htem tot he playoffs. Not happening. We need a big name guy who has managed the majors before and teams in the playoffs. Still think torborg would be good. Not a huge Valentine fan, I am sure alomar could comment to the SOx managment on him. Leyland won't take his buddies (JM) place. Johnson would be another choice.

we did the torborg thing before... what makes ya think it would be better this time around???? as for valentine.. he aint gonna give up the cushey tv gig so we can count him out.......and which johnson are we refering to????? backman is wishful thinking.....im sure he likes his gig down on the farm alot or he would have been kissing asses and screaming to be up here alot sooner.....mho anyhow.......im just not so sure that theres much better out there on the market right now than what we already have set in place here.......

Hotsox, keep your peeps open in the locker room. I know we did Torborg before but we did Larussa before and I am sure we would take him agian right. Now before you go nuts I know Larussa and Torborg are not the same type of managers but still think Torborg has learned enough. He has kept close ties with the Chisox. As for backman, if it was next year I would think he would want the job. I still think he wants the job somewhere in the majors. Who else is out there? How about Sandy Alomar SR>? Just grasping at straws.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Hotsox, keep your peeps open in the locker room. I know we did Torborg before but we did Larussa before and I am sure we would take him agian right. Now before you go nuts I know Larussa and Torborg are not the same type of managers but still think Torborg has learned enough. He has kept close ties with the Chisox. As for backman, if it was next year I would think he would want the job. I still think he wants the job somewhere in the majors. Who else is out there? How about Sandy Alomar SR>? Just grasping at straws.

ill keep the peeps open for sure the ears too.......as for the torborg years.... 89 sucked, 90 was great with him, and 91 was decent enough to pass.....his stints with the mets, montreal and the marlins in the following years though leave alot to be desired.........dont think he can spark the 1990 flames again..jmho....he isnt all that great nowdays......dont know if i want to settle for mediocre when we already have it.....LaRussa on the other hand..... has been keeping the flames alive in st. louis......he seems to keep up a winning attitude....and his track record shows that.........he may be just what we are looking for around these parts to get these guys playing to their full potiential... dont know if he would mix well with jr and the boys cause hes definately not a "yes man".. but hell im willing to give it a shot..... wishful thinking again i know....but can you imagine the possiblities with him here......wow.........alomar sr.?? now theres an interesting idea.... im sure it would help out jr. and roberto but what about the rest of the crew? im thinking he would be a bit of the softie like jm is now......we need fire and ass kicking in the dugout..... my vote get tony boy on the phone and make him an offer he cant refuse...... :headbang

We might as well wait until the offseason and find a real manager somewhere.

If we promote Backman and we play .550 ball or something, we'll probably keep him and he could also prove out to be a schumuck.

Is laRussa happy in St. Looie? Would he return after the season?

Backman seems to be the obvious choice. Torborg wasn't bad, but let Cooper have complete control of the pitchers, period. Speaking of Cooper, any ideas on his his overall managerial skills? Let me throw another name out for consideration. Bucky Dent. He's been managing in the minors for a few years. How about Sandy, Jr. as a player manager? Joe Girardi? ..... I'm trying to think of people that aren't the same names we keep hearing about, so don't pound on me too bad. These aren't suggestions, just ideas for the sake of discussion. Forget LaRussa, he's not going anywhere.