KW contract extension??

gosox41

I heard on the radio that one is being negotiated right now. Does he deserve it?

Why reward a guy who continually puts teams together that finish lower then the Twins while spending a ton more money. I can put together a team that is wose (though I'd like to think I can do better but it's not that eas) then the Twins and spend more. Most here can. And most here would work for a fraction of whatever KW is making.

I would give KW two more years.

Guillen's on a much shorter rope. If the team starts off like the Indians or Tigers, I think you have to try someone new (assuming that Konerko, Dye, Thome and AJ are all back next season)...and that Cabrera and Swisher are gone. Then the injuries and clubhouse aren't going to be excuses anymore.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 07:49 AM)
I would give KW two more years.

Guillen's on a much shorter rope. If the team starts off like the Indians or Tigers, I think you have to try someone new (assuming that Konerko, Dye, Thome and AJ are all back next season)...and that Cabrera and Swisher are gone. Then the injuries and clubhouse aren't going to be excuses anymore.

I think Ozzie is signed through 2012. Unless he says something totally obnoxious that gives JR and KW no choice or unless he quits, he will be here at least until then.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 27, 2008 -> 06:55 AM)
I think Ozzie is signed through 2012. Unless he says something totally obnoxious that gives JR and KW no choice or unless he quits, he will be here at least until then.

Yeah, I know about Guillen's contract. A lot depends on how this season ends. If we lost both Saturday and Sunday (why not Monday to Garcia?) as well, then there would be a tremendous amount of pressure on Ozzie coming into next season, especially with the rumors/stories starting to fly about clubhouse problems and dissension in the ranks.

It also depends on Ozzie's and KW's willingness to go through a rebuilding phase. I still think it's inevitable. KW will say "reload" or make a remark like the one about the Tigers when they added Cabrera (Miggy), but there's just too much uncertainty for this team to be anything more than a pick for 3rd place going into next season. Maybe they will go out and get the big fish, Sabathia, and I'll end up quiet for a little while, like in 2001 when we went through the David Wells Experience. The odds of that are 5-10%, same thing with Ichiro and with A-Rod coming here.

Edited by caulfield12