VP Debate Thread

HuskyCaucasian

About Bidens trickiness:

Its how he phrases answers and says things like:

"Thats what you agree with right Governor Palin."

Its a really b**** move to keep putting words in your opponents mouth, especially when you make a statement that you know they dont really agree with like the rights of gay people.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:40 PM)
"No coal plants here in American. if they are gonna build them if they are going to build them over there (in China)" was his rersponse to the question asked of him, which was "Wind & solar are flourishing here in Ohio so why are you supporting clean coal?" So that sounds like he doesn't support clean coal, here.

Thanks. I'll watch it later.

This crap with the money for the troops.. Obama handed John his ass on that last week and she looks like an ass for trying to lay that on Obama, IMO.

QUOTE (Steff @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
This crap with the money for the troops.. Obama handed John his ass on that last week and she looks like an ass for trying to lay that on Obama, IMO.

Steff, for my own knowledge... are you Dem, Ind, or Rep? Just curious.

QUOTE (Steff @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
Thanks. I'll watch it later.

Joe just landed a good one on her on that too.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)
Biden's "+" rating just went off the charts when he talked Pakistan and Afghanistan.

And I bet her's goes down again when talking about this precondition stuff.

Oh for f***'s sake. For the hundredth time, the reasons for the decrease in violence in Iraq was NOT the surge. It was mostly non-military, and about political changes that were made, partially by US efforts and partially by Iraqis. Militarily, the US DID make some nice moves to help things, under Patreaus. But it was not the surge - it was a change in tactics to be more police-like and community-based.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:47 PM)
ok, I got that feeling, just wasnt sure. It always seems like you want to like her, but cant. So, i figured.

I did. I really really did. But she made it very hard.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
Oh for f***'s sake. For the hundredth time, the reasons for the decrease in violence in Iraq was NOT the surge. It was mostly non-military, and about political changes that were made, partially by US efforts and partially by Iraqis. Militarily, the US DID make some nice moves to help things, under Patreaus. But it was not the surge - it was a change in tactics to be more police-like and community-based.

I have said for a LONG time it's the cease fire that caused a decrease. It jsut HAPPENED to be around the same time as the surge.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
The combo of folksiness and condescending language is tough to swallow.

That and I honestly think she thinks we, the people, are stupid and that all that matters is Sunday hockey and soccer games. I don't trust her one bit at all.

QUOTE (Steff @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)
That and I honestly think she thinks we, the people, are stupid and that all that matters is Sunday hockey and soccer games. I don't trust her one bit at all.

Preach on sister. Preach on.

QUOTE (Steff @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 07:53 PM)

That's what I meant by condescending.

AHHHH!!! STOP SAYING NUKE_U_LAR!!! Its like she's a female, Alaskan Dubya.