VP Debate Thread

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 04:08 PM)
Joe Lieberman - Palin wont know all the answers

So, the person one heartbeat away from the presidency doesnt need to answer important questions because she's an average person and people like that.

Can you honestly say that in any point in your life you gave two s***s about the VP before this? She shouldn't be expected to know everything. She hasn't had to deal with Washington politics all her life like Joe and John, and hasn't been running for president for 4 years like Obama. If you don't see improvement between now and election, then you can worry. And stop with the one heartbeat s***. McCain isn't dying, even the actuatries say he will make it thru the first term. A second term would be a bit touchier, but he isn't running for a second term, he is running for a first. Pelosi is 2 heartbeats away. I think I would f***ing move if she was ever in charge as the country would be totally f***ed.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
Can you honestly say that in any point in your life you gave two s***s about the VP before this?

Quite frankly, the role of the VP has grown massively in the last 30 years, and it has expanded more and more over the last 2 as each president has decided to use their VP more.

Over the last 8 years, the vice President has been as close to a co-president as you could possibly get. He may well have made as much or more national policy as the President, because that's what this current president has allowed.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 06:12 PM)
Can you honestly say that in any point in your life you gave two s***s about the VP before this? She shouldn't be expected to know everything. She hasn't had to deal with Washington politics all her life like Joe and John, and hasn't been running for president for 4 years like Obama. If you don't see improvement between now and election, then you can worry. And stop with the one heartbeat s***. McCain isn't dying, even the actuatries say he will make it thru the first term. A second term would be a bit touchier, but he isn't running for a second term, he is running for a first. Pelosi is 2 heartbeats away. I think I would f***ing move if she was ever in charge as the country would be totally f***ed.

Actually for Pelosi to take over both hearts would have to stop at the same time... otherwise, as soon as the VP takes over, they pick a new VP right away.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 05:12 PM)

My point was that Lieberman basically said it doesnt matter if she has ANY presidential level knowledge or qualifications... it's all about if people like her.

I believe the GOP has been attacking Obama for being an empty suit who people like for about a year now. But Palin is the golden goddess of the GOP.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 11:08 AM)
Here is what will happen. The moderator will ask Biden a generic question. Biden will answer at length, throwing in some tiny bit of obscure data about the question that maybe 10 people even know about. The moderator will then rephrase the question to Palin, somehow using that little tidbit that Biden threw in, challenging her to respond to that. There will be lots of mentions of Alaska and Delaware, 3 attempts to tie Palin/McCain to Bush, 3 or 4 mentions of mutual respect for each other, 1 mention of moose and no mentions of the moderator having a book about the political success of Barack Obama coming out on the day of inauguration, which would sell much better if Obama is actually President.

I think she will be outmatched, but you are absolutely right. The moderation of a debate is crucial and to have one that is supposed to be so biased is bush league.

Funny hearing AHB comparing the the length of public service though, it looked kind of like the resume of the Presidential candidates experience wise.

Here's what will happen. Alpha Dog and drunkbomber will watch the debates thinking that there is a biased moderator. Any question asked to Palin will be considered unfair, because the moderator is just an Obama hack. And all of Palin's awful answers will just be due to unfair questions.

Or, just like in the first debate b/w presidential candidates, the moderator will give out a broad topic, allow both 90 seconds, then try and facilitate them to debate each other.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 06:51 PM)
Here's what will happen. Alpha Dog and drunkbomber will watch the debates thinking that there is a biased moderator. Any question asked to Palin will be considered unfair, because the moderator is just an Obama hack. And all of Palin's awful answers will just be due to unfair questions.

Or, just like in the first debate b/w presidential candidates, the moderator will give out a broad topic, allow both 90 seconds, then try and facilitate them to debate each other.

If she performs like the Presidential moderator, that would be a good thing. I thought he did well to ask the questions and get out of the way.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:24 PM)
Is Joe talking slower than normal? he sounds different.

I think he's being extremely cautious and monotone as to not sound like he's talking down to her.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:25 PM)
I love how Biden turned Palin's oil windfall profits tax against her saying McCain opposes something Palin thought was a good idea.

And Joe and Barack agree on everything?