VP Debate Thread

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:25 PM)
I love how Biden turned Palin's oil windfall profits tax against her saying McCain opposes something Palin thought was a good idea.

That was good.

He should stop letting her claim JM was the hero in this bail out issue. It's been documentated clearly that he didn't do squat and by some republicans that he hurt the process.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:26 PM)
And Joe and Barack agree on everything?

I doubt it, but that windfall was/is a big deal.

Oh joy.. back on energy. She must have studied real hard on that one it's the second time she's gone back to it.

She wont answer the questions.

The problem with that bankruptcy question is that neither Palin nor Biden have any clue what they are talking about, but Biden can at least pretend like he sounds smart.

Changing the principal on agreed contracts?

Thats ridiculous, is the bank going to get that money from the seller?

Banks wont even take short sales or deeds in foreclosure, at work we have a million dollar property that a bank is not sure theyll even take a small loss on.

QUOTE (Steff @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:29 PM)
I doubt it, but that windfall was/is a big deal.

Oh joy.. back on energy. She must have studied real hard on that one it's the second time she's gone back to it.

Her strengths are going to be the environment, energy, and whatever else Alaska does. So that's all she's trying to talk about.

QUOTE (Steff @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
And last month Sara was positive that global warming had nothing to do with humans.

PS.. doesn't she also claim that humans and the dinosaurs walked the earth together?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
Now Joe is for clean coal? he sure wasn't last week. OMG, the moderator actually called Joe on that, and he doubled down and said he was always for it!

He explained it. I haven't see the quote, but he said that the comment referred to that was apparantly taken out of context.

My few thoughts so far...

Biden has a serious fat tongue thing going on, and constantly stumbling verbally. And I hate his smile - just so fake.

Even worse is Palin's laughable, condescending folksy-ism. So very, very irritating.

All this debate has done so far is reinforce the obvious - Biden is an inconsistent gaffe machine, and Sarah Palin is in way, way, way over her head.

QUOTE (Steff @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
He explained it. I haven't see the quote, but he said that the comment referred to that was apparantly taken out of context.

"No coal plants here in American. if they are gonna build them if they are going to build them over there (in China)" was his rersponse to the question asked of him, which was "Wind & solar are flourishing here in Ohio so why are you supporting clean coal?" So that sounds like he doesn't support clean coal, here.

QUOTE (Steff @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 08:34 PM)
PS.. doesn't she also claim that humans and the dinosaurs walked the earth together?

Yeah, yeah she did. She said she's seen pictures and proof.

I think Biden is doing pretty well. Clear, detailed, well-spoken. (Although I missed the first 15 minutes).