SOX ALDS TICKETS ON SALE!!

scotty22hotty

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:05 PM)
f*** YOU MLB/WHITE SOX! These must be the Tickets that they could not scalp on stubhub! I just shelled out $300 for the same exact seats that would now cost me $100 through ticketmaster.

You definitely have a right to be pissed. All of a sudden were down 0-2 in the series and they start selling tickets. I never even got a notification for tickets when I registered for them. Brooks Boyer may need to be made aware of this.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Oct 3, 2008 -> 11:07 PM)
You definitely have a right to be pissed. All of a sudden were down 0-2 in the series and they start selling tickets. I never even got a notification for tickets when I registered for them. Brooks Boyer may need to be made aware of this.

Or maybe MLB since they controlled the ticket sales.

People need to stop complaining. Here's why:

If the Sox announced that additional tickets have been put on sale, they'd be gobbled up immediately. Your chances of being able to buy any would be remote. By quietly releasing the last tickets that have suddenly become available, the Sox are rewarding the die-hards who continue to check Ticketmaster and those who visit sites like this one.

The Sox know exactly what they're doing. Be thankful.

Edited by BainesHOF

QUOTE (BainesHOF @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 05:48 PM)
People need to stop complaining. Here's why:

If the Sox announced that additional tickets have been put on sale, they'd be gobbled up immediately. Your chances of being able to buy any would be remote. By quietly releasing the last tickets that have suddenly become available, the Sox are rewarding the die-hards who continue to check Ticketmaster and those who visit sites like this one.

The Sox know exactly what they're doing. Be thankful.

That's Bulls***. You obviously have no idea how their (MLB) partnership works with stubhub.

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/18074

I got f***ed and so did anyone else who bought tickets on stubhub before last night.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 06:10 PM)
That's Bulls***. You obviously have no idea how their (MLB) partnership works with stubhub.

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/18074

I got f***ed and so did anyone else who bought tickets on stubhub before last night.

Nobody forced you to buy tickets on Stubhub. You obviously felt it was worth it or you wouldn't have done it.

It's not bull. The Sox held back tickets in order to sell season tickets for next year. They waited as long as possible, then put the relatively small amount of tickets that they had leftover on sale. They did so in a manner where the diehards who were shutout could buy them if they were paying attention. There's not enough tickets to go around. Be glad that you have some, and be glad the organization did its best to look out for the die-hard fans.

QUOTE (BainesHOF @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 06:05 PM)
Nobody forced you to buy tickets on Stubhub. You obviously felt it was worth it or you wouldn't have done it.

It's not bull. The Sox held back tickets in order to sell season tickets for next year. They waited as long as possible, then put the relatively small amount of tickets that they had leftover on sale. They did so in a manner where the diehards who were shutout could buy them if they were paying attention. There's not enough tickets to go around. Be glad that you have some, and be glad the organization did its best to look out for the die-hard fans.

It sounds good, but it's not correct. The tickets being released are being released by MLB not the Sox. By the way, still some out there. Friends just got UD's 15 minutes ago and there are some for Monday for sale as well.

QUOTE (BainesHOF @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 08:05 PM)

lol ok. Be naive, I don't care about your choices in life. I won't be fooled again, I can tell you that much. When will you understand that this is MLB? Do I need to direct you to the stubhub links on every mlb teams page?

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 4, 2008 -> 07:54 PM)
When will you understand that this is MLB? Do I need to direct you to the stubhub links on every mlb teams page?

Show me where Stubhub is in cahoots with MLB as far as selling tickets that aren't in the secondary market.

Of course MLB receives blocks of tickets for every postseason game for a variety of reasons. There's no doubt MLB and the Sox eventually release tickets that they don't need.

QUOTE (BainesHOF @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 01:48 AM)
Show me where Stubhub is in cahoots with MLB as far as selling tickets that aren't in the secondary market.

Of course MLB receives blocks of tickets for every postseason game for a variety of reasons. There's no doubt MLB and the Sox eventually release tickets that they don't need.

I'm done responding to you. If you can't read the article on the other end of the link, then I'm afraid I can't help you.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 5, 2008 -> 02:19 PM)
I'm done responding to you. If you can't read the article on the other end of the link, then I'm afraid I can't help you.

Listen up so you can help yourself. StubHub sells tickets on the secondary market at a premium. The Sox released tickets, perhaps turned in by MLB in this case, on the primary market for face value.

Let me know if you need further explanation.