HOW TO DESTROY THE RAYS

rangerjae

So we saw Johnny D kick some ass yesterday

We need the same from Gavin

I say Buerhle out of the pen on Wednesday for game 5, Richard startingor vice versa. Buerhle gets a little more rest that way and then TB has to beat two starters instead of one at home. Call me crazy but throw two left handers at them at once that would be good coupled with some great offense. Buerhle should have won on Fri with his pitching. Sure sounds unorthodox, but they need to do something crazy. Yes I know Richard isn't a starter, but he has looked like one lately. And Ozzie has plans for him in '09.

Lets kick the s*** out of Sonnastine tonight!

The Rays are boys with silly mohawks and catchy slogans like 9=8 and bulls*** like that. I think that means the number of Rays fans to brain cells with them damn cowbells.

We didn't see any HR last night, be nice to see 4 or 5 from Sox players tonight.

GO SOX GO!!!!!

Edited by rangerjae

Personally, I still would rather have Richard or even Carrasco as the long man if Gavin or Mark struggled. I just don't trust Vazquez anymore...unless it's just one batter at a time, and as soon as he gives up a hit or walk, I would pull him immediately. Richard at least has the confidence that he can get these guys out and that he belongs on the same field. I think Javier is just "shot" mentally and needs to be anywhere but back on the mound right now. He needs to observe the way winning pitchers go about their business at playoff time.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 07:56 AM)
Personally, I still would rather have Richard or even Carrasco as the long man if Gavin or Mark struggled. I just don't trust Vazquez anymore...unless it's just one batter at a time, and as soon as he gives up a hit or walk, I would pull him immediately. Richard at least has the confidence that he can get these guys out and that he belongs on the same field. I think Javier is just "shot" mentally and needs to be anywhere but back on the mound right now. He needs to observe the way winning pitchers go about their business at playoff time.

^^^^^

QUOTE (Chet Lemon @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 08:49 AM)
I wouldn't mind if Vazquez came out of the pen either in game four or a potential game five because of his effectiveness the first time through a lineup.

Disagree. He collapses under pressure. The later you bring him in, and the more important the situation, the more likely he is to get hit.

QUOTE (MAX @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 09:12 AM)
Its a good thing ozzie isn't as cowardly as this forum. No one would ever pitch but mark and john.

What have you seen in the last 30 days, heck 5 years, that gives you confidence to start Javy in a pressure situation?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 08:13 AM)
What have you seen in the last 30 days, heck 5 years, that gives you confidence to start Javy in a pressure situation?

Obviously I have. I like that any opinion outside of the norm is contadicted by "have you seen the games".

Anyway, if you saw the games (haha), javy pitched well for several innings before getting knocked around. If he was a pants crapper, why does he take 4+ innings to s*** himself? It doesn't make sense. Please address that.

QUOTE (MAX @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 09:11 AM)
You think he craps his pants. I don't. People catch on to his stuff, that's what I believe.

Hitter catch onto the fact that he will hang breaking balls because he is too afraid to snap it off. He gets away throwing fastballs the first time through, but a pitcher has to throw off speed stuff the second time through to keep hitters off balance. That's when things go bad.

QUOTE (MAX @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 08:16 AM)
If he was a pants crapper, why does he take 4+ innings to s*** himself? It doesn't make sense. Please address that.

He never really s***s himself until we give him a lead. The second the White Sox are ahead in a pressure situation, he gets knocked around. His body language indicates that he is timid out there with a lead as well. Sometimes he just looks like he actually pooped in his pants.

Edited by kjshoe04

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 08:20 AM)
He never really s***s himself until we give him a lead. The second the White Sox are ahead in a pressure situation, he gets knocked around. His body language indicates that he is timid out there with a lead as well. Sometimes he just looks like he actually pooped in his pants.

I don't agree. Timid pitchers don't scream "f*** you" to their catcher.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 09:20 AM)

Javy sometimes pisses and s***s in his pants too.

Especially in New York.

People who are not potty trained should not be on the White Sox.

Thank you

Edited by rangerjae

QUOTE (MAX @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 10:12 AM)
Its a good thing ozzie isn't as cowardly as this forum. No one would ever pitch but mark and john.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/game...6&year=2004

check out Javy's October game log

and Javy's last 4 MUST WIN starts this year

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/game...6&year=2008

I can't find 1 MUST WIN game where Javy has come through, ever!

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (G&T @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 08:16 AM)
Hitter catch onto the fact that he will hang breaking balls because he is too afraid to snap it off. He gets away throwing fastballs the first time through, but a pitcher has to throw off speed stuff the second time through to keep hitters off balance. That's when things go bad.

I could agree with this theory.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 08:22 AM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/game...6&year=2004

check out Javy's October game log

and Javys last 4 MUST WIN starts this year

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/game...6&year=2008

Well I didn't get the impression that he was timid or afraid watching those games. I got the impression that he wasn't pitching well the second and even moreso the third times through those lineups.

If you look more closely at those 2004 stats, you'll see he wasn't pitching well the entire year.

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (G&T @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 08:16 AM)

I'm not sure that pitchers are ever afraid to "snap off" their curveball. If they would be afraid of anything, they'd be afraid not to "snap it off." Having an inability to throw a good curveball consistently, on the other hand, may be viable.