Halloween Costume

Pants Rowland

My 3.5 year old son went to the game with me yesterday and decided he wants to be a white sox player for Halloween. In particular either AJ, Alexei or Carlos Quentin. Gym shoes, white sox and a hat are pretty easy, but the jersey and pants are a little tougher proposition cost-wise.

Any insight on how I can do this without breaking the bank? There was not much on ebay so I figured I would try here for ideas or suggestions. Thanks for your help.

My friend...he's 3-1/2!

Find the t-shirt that has his favorite/chosen player's name and number on the back. put a little eye black on him along with his Sox hat, tell him he's the cutest thing you've ever seen, take plenty of pictures...then go trick-or-treating. No need for a $150 replica jersey that he'll outgrow by opening day. And as an at-home dad for nearly 15 years now I absolutely promise you that there will be no difference in his experience between the two! Have fun.

-Barry

QUOTE (buckweaver @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 01:34 PM)
My friend...he's 3-1/2!

Find the t-shirt that has his favorite/chosen player's name and number on the back. put a little eye black on him along with his Sox hat, tell him he's the cutest thing you've ever seen, take plenty of pictures...then go trick-or-treating. No need for a $150 replica jersey that he'll outgrow by opening day. And as an at-home dad for nearly 15 years now I absolutely promise you that there will be no difference in his experience between the two! Have fun.

-Barry

That is the direction I was heading. Also remembered that the local little league has a lot of teams so I might be able to borrow some game pants and jersey for the "white sox" team.

He was going to be dearth vader and then the light went on this morning and he said he wanted to be AJ. I was ecstatic.

Thanks for the tip.

Edited by Pants Rowland

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 12:37 PM)
That is the direction I was heading. Also remembered that the local little league has a lot of teams so I might be able to borrow some game pants and jersey for the "white sox" team.

He was going to be dearth vader and then the light went on this morning and he said he wanted to be AJ. I was ecstatic.

Thanks for the tip.

Make sure to paint his little caboose red.

Get some pumpkin-pie haircut wig, or a beatles style wig, and one of those kids jersey shirts they sell anywhere with Quentin on it. Tape around his right wrist would be funny too.

Seriously, the wig below (one like it), under a sox hat with a CQ t-shirt, that'd be HILARIOUS.

beatles-man-wig.jpg

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Oct 6, 2008 -> 02:51 PM)
Or you can try and make a Sox-Man costume similar to what White Sox super-fan Sox-Man wears.

But your son can be known as Sox-Boy instead. :D

Just take a plain white T-shirt and spray paint the number and player name.

Too bad he didn't want to be something scary for Halloween, like a Cub fan. I bet you can find a lot of their stuff on the clearance rack. :lol: