Poland can see Russia from it's house...

bmags

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
I found it interesting that the day after Obama wins, Russia announces this, and that Hamas and Israel started attacking each other again.

I immediately thought the same thing. I dont think its a coincidence. There's many reasons many groups in other countries wanted Obama to win.

Israel probably has quite a bit more to do with their own prime minister situation than Obama. I do think MEdvedev was being an opportunist because the focus was off of Russia, but let's be real. Their aggression would continue regardless. They moved into Georgia while Bush was clearly the leader still, it didn't stop them. They did military exercises while BUsh was in office. He has a pretty "tough" foreign policy.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
I immediately thought the same thing. I dont think its a coincidence. There's many reasons many groups in other countries wanted Obama to win.

I also don't think it's a coincidence Michael Crichton died today. That goes for anyone else in America that died from yesterday night until this morning.

An Obama America just pushed some people over the edge. They've lost all hope for this country.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 02:54 PM)
George Bush is our President until January 20th.

Who is pretty much a lame duck and will be able to get nothing done, because how dare the Democrats do anything good BEFORE thier man gets in the office. Although he was unable to get anything done before, because how dare the democrats let a republican president get credit for anything good.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 05:02 PM)
Come on, Alpha Dog, how can you act like the 77 day period between election and inauguration has ever been different.

Yeah, in most of our lifetimes it hasbeen that way, but not always so. Even back in kennedy and Ford days, the two sides actually worked together, once in a while. Dem started to get sour after reagan and repubs after Clinton.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 5, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)
Who is pretty much a lame duck and will be able to get nothing done, because how dare the Democrats do anything good BEFORE thier man gets in the office. Although he was unable to get anything done before, because how dare the democrats let a republican president get credit for anything good.

Wouldn't say GWB hasn't really done anything to deserve credit for his time in office.