I'm surprised by the lack of talk about the Braves

Fantl916

I think they could be the perfect fit for us. Say they trade Jordan Schafer in a Peavy deal, or Francouer in some deal. I think they would consider a deal built around Dye or Swisher and Yunel Escobar or Kelly Johnson. If we could grab one of those two i would be pumped. Either would be good at 2b defensively, and kelly can leadoff while yunel could bat 2nd. just throwing this out there. discuss

I made a post about Johnson in another thread.

He's a pretty consistent 2Bman, who'll put up an .800 OPS for us I'm sure, and has pretty decent OBP numbers.

Atlanta wants a RH power hitting OF, so they could be in the market for Dye.

Any thoughts of a Dye for Johnson type of swap, and then going after Abreu possibly?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 11:21 AM)
You're going to be waiting a while...:)

If we made a Trade Winds, PHT would be empty. There really is no need for it.

just a catch-all, thats all I ask. Nothing too complicated.....

Kelly Johnson is a solid player, but I don't think he's someone we need to really try hard to get. He's a guy who will get on at about a .350 clip, but he also strikes out too much for my liking. I'd rather stick with Getz then go with Johnson to be honest.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 12:03 PM)
Kelly Johnson is a solid player, but I don't think he's someone we need to really try hard to get. He's a guy who will get on at about a .350 clip, but he also strikes out too much for my liking. I'd rather stick with Getz then go with Johnson to be honest.

That and Johnson defensively, is, well, bad. If there's anyone from the Braves I'd want, it's Escobar, but I'm not sure how possible that is.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 11:42 AM)
just a catch-all, thats all I ask. Nothing too complicated.....

I personally don't like the catch all type threads. If I only have a minute at work, it is nice to just be able to scan the thread titles for something that interests me. To me, the catch alls become to large and cumbersome. I like the thought of Kelly Johnson playing 2B.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Nov 6, 2008 -> 12:53 PM)
I personally don't like the catch all type threads. If I only have a minute at work, it is nice to just be able to scan the thread titles for something that interests me. To me, the catch alls become to large and cumbersome. I like the thought of Kelly Johnson playing 2B.

And I personally dont like seeing every idea thought of get its own thread. The important stuff always gets its own thread no matter what, why crowd the regular forum with "Hey, I like this guy, discuss" when you can put that in a Off-Season Catch-all?

At least for now, we're keeping it as it is now. There's no reason to have another forum if all that forum does is wind up leaving PHT a ghost town.

So what? Honestly, is it really worth having legitimate Sox news, reports, and history threads be pushed down by "Hey, how about trading with this team?" threads just because it might show a lack of activity?

Shut down the "biggest loser" sub-forum (talk about a ghost town) and give back to rumor mill/xbox trade threads. :pray ;)

• 4 weeks later...