ESPN radio reporting Mets/White Sox talks heating up...

Fantl916

I'd prefer to deal Dye and Jenks separately. What I'd like is Dye + Lillibridge to the Reds for Bailey and Dickerson (I think someone mentioned this on here earlier today)and Jenks to the Mets straight up for F-Mart (If they don't sign K-Rod). I would do separate deals because #1. Dye has a NTC to the Mets and I feel he is unlikely to accept a trade to them, and #2. I still think VERY highly of Bailey. However, I definitely wouldn't object to a Dye + Jenks for any combination of F-Mart, Murphy, Kunz, Parnell, Pelfrey, and Niese.

Edited by jenks45monster

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jenks45monster @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 05:38 PM)
I'd prefer to deal Dye and Jenks separately. What I'd like is Dye + Lillibridge to the Reds for Bailey and Dickerson (I think someone mentioned this on here earlier today)and Jenks to the Mets straight up for F-Mart (

I think this would be the best case scenario for us, though I’m not sure we’d have to give up Lillibridge with Dye. Maybe a young arm like Wasserman.

Interesting commentary from Jim Callis during a Baseball America chat today:

Brett (WI): Jim, John Perrotto is reporting a possible White Sox / Mets deal involving Jermaine Dye, Bobby Jenks, and Fernando Martinez. How much more would the Mets have to include to land that and do they even have enough on the farm to get that done?

Jim Callis: (2:37 PM ET ) If that happens, that would make me continue to think the White Sox were going to grab one of the big free agents. My guess is there would be 3-5 more prospects involved, maybe Jon Niese among the others.

I really wonder if KW and Ozzie are thinking of making a run at Manny Ramirez for 2 seasons....although I am petty sure he'll get 3-4 elsewhere.

It's not going to be Lowe or Burnett, we know that much. Sabathia and Sheets (because he could be had for less based on injuries, just like Harden) are more likely, but not high probability in any realm of the imagination.

Peavy is certainly intriguing to talk about.

I would rather pay Peavy big bucks than Dunn or Abreu, someone like that. I keep going back to 2005, and starting pitching wins championships. With all the pieces KW has to play with, I think our offense will be fine, if not much better than 2008 (unless we deal Dye, in which case it would be likely to take until 2010 with Fields, Viciedo, Beckham and even someone like Fernando Martinez making a true impact to see improvement in the offense).

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)
I really wonder if KW and Ozzie are thinking of making a run at Manny Ramirez for 2 seasons....although I am petty sure he'll get 3-4 elsewhere.

It's not going to be Lowe or Burnett, we know that much. Sabathia and Sheets (because he could be had for less based on injuries, just like Harden) are more likely, but not high probability in any realm of the imagination.

I would rather pay Peavy big bucks than Dunn or Abreu, someone like that. I keep going back to 2005, and starting pitching wins championships. With all the pieces KW has to play with, I think our offense will be fine, if not much better than 2008 (unless we deal Dye, in which case it would be likely to take until 2010 with Fields, Viciedo, Beckham and even someone like Fernando Martinez making a true impact to see improvement in the offense).

I think there's a better chance of KW firing Rick Hahn and making Frank Thomas his #1 guy than the White Sox going after Manny Ramirez. Pitching wins. The Sox signed Albert Belle and he and Frank Thomas were going to rule the AL Central. It didn't quite work out. They couldn't overcome a pitching staff that had Jaime Navarro on the hill for opening day.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 3, 2008 -> 05:52 PM)

As intriguing as Peavy is to talk about, I've read multiple times that he does NOT want to go to any AL teams.