May The All-Star Festivities Begin

SoxFan1

Guest hotsoxchick1
So what did you think about the new cut in the grass that MLB brought in?

did not see it so i cant comment on it...........

Guest hotsoxchick1
watch Sportscenter and you will.........

Have you ever seen more than one design cut into the Sox field??

ill watch... and no i cant recall more than one design cut in the grass at a time......well not since the last time we hosted the all star game....

Sure looks great nearly half empty.

By 5 it was pretty full. Upper corners even filled in nicely. Not sold out though. Miller Park wasn't and neither was Boston. Started to thin out in the 2nd inning of the Celeb game. It was a loooooong day.

My point.. it wasn't half empty. There were 30K fans there.

ill watch... and no i cant recall more than one design cut in the grass at a time......well not since the last time we hosted the all star game....

My understanding is that Roger Bossard never varies his design cut like other teams do. So anything is different from the normal striping.

By 5 it was pretty full. Upper corners even filled in nicely. Not sold out though. Miller Park wasn't and neither was Boston. Started to thin out in the 2nd inning of the Celeb game. It was a loooooong day.

Crowd looked decent enough to me. The Futures Game has never sold out, as far as I know.

Guest hotsoxchick1

My understanding is that Roger Bossard never varies his design cut like other teams do. So anything is different from the normal striping.

true, he does not vary the cut in the grass.....im sure hes having a b**** fit right about now... ;) .. hes very protective of his field and particular about how it looks........ :)

Crowd looked decent enough to me. The Futures Game has never sold out, as far as I know.

This was my 3rd one. Crowd seemed bigger then last years, IMO.

And those that were there were into it. The Celeb game was fun, too. Some really funny moments with Bo. Standing O's to most of the players. Classy crowd there. I'm sure tomorrow there will be some assholes booing.

true, he does not vary the cut in the grass.....im sure hes having a b**** fit right about now... ;) .. hes very protective of his field and particular about how it looks........ :)

I'm sure he knew that MLB would provide a design for him, so he has prepped himself for it. I do know that he is very good. Just kinda vanilla compared to some of the newer groundskeepers these days.

And those that were there were into it. The Celeb game was fun, too. Some really funny moments with Bo. Standing O's to most of the players. Classy crowd there. I'm sure tomorrow there will be some assholes booing.

I would have really enjoyed that game.

Guest hotsoxchick1

dont have to worry about assholes being there steff.. they cant afford to go....... ;) :D

dont have to worry about assholes being there steff.. they cant afford to go....... ;) :D

MLB sure rakes it in, don't they?

Guest hotsoxchick1

I'm sure he knew that MLB would provide a design for him, so he has prepped himself for it. I do know that he is very good. Just kinda vanilla compared to some of the newer groundskeepers these days.

im sure he did prep himself.....he is very particular though....he is the master of his craft thats for sure........i wonder if he keeps his grass at home the same as he does at the park...lol... hes got to have one hellova front lawn........ ;)

I got a Q..There was suppose to be a celebrity softball game at the cell today with guys like Jimmy Kimmel and Corrolla and others....Is that airing on TV? and when and what channel?

I thought it was MTV and this All-Stat Backyard BBQ their airing this whole weekend ..but I don't think so. :huh:

I got a Q..There was suppose to be a celebrity softball game at the cell today with guys like Jimmy Kimmel and Corrolla and others....Is that airing on TV? and when and what channel?

I thought it was MTV and this All-Stat Backyard BBQ their airing this whole weekend ..but I don't think so. :huh:

They air it on a tape delay.

Should be on tonight after the home run derby. On ESPN ofcourse.

Farmer and Rooney said it was the first time ever that he has done something different.

Farmer and Rooney said it was the first time ever that he has done something different.

MLB comes in and gives them the design they want cut. Or at least, that is what happened in Milwaukee last year.

Exactly and if I hear ONE more person blaming the Sox and JR for s*** they don't like about this game I'm going to slap them, too.

Exactly and if I hear ONE more person blaming the Sox and JR for s*** they don't like about this game I'm going to slap them, too.

I'm sure the hosting team does quite well when hosting an All-Star game, and the Sox will make out well.

But in All-Star Games, Playoffs and the World Series, MLB is in charge. They set ticket prices and they control the revenues. I would think those revenues are split amongst the clubs somehow, but MLB is the lead dog here.

I'm sure the hosting team does quite well when hosting an All-Star game, and the Sox will make out well.

But in All-Star Games, Playoffs and the World Series, MLB is in charge. They set ticket prices and they control the revenues. I would think those revenues are split amongst the clubs somehow, but MLB is the lead dog here.

I think the biggest payoff for them is the 15% of the gate. That's an average of $22.50 for each seat. I have no idea about the food concessions. Of course everything with the AS logo MLB gets most of that I'm sure. I did ask who got the parking and was told the Sox got the normal on that (split with the workers). But security is there earlier then usual. And the grounds crew has been there non-stop since Thursday. There's definitely more staff there. But even with the added costs, the Sox make out I'm sure.

Guest hotsoxchick1
But even with the added costs, the Sox make out I'm sure.

of course they do.. and the city as a whole makes out as well....with all the festivities and such...its a money maker all around for the hosting city......