Circuit City

DonkeyKongerko

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 01:40 PM)
Just got back from my local C.C.

basically, all electronics at 10% off... not that big. VERY few things... mostly cables or power strips are 30%.

I'm holing onto my cash until I see the %s go up, then I'll pick over the remainders.

Golf and Meacham circuit city?

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jan 17, 2009 -> 10:05 PM)
So far I've been reading the liqudators have jacked the prices up to MSRP and are taking 10-20% those prices on CD's and DVD's. :lol:

Another scam I was reading about on an anti Best Buy site: If the customer doesn't want to pay the extended warranty plan, go in the back and tell them that TV is out of stock. I think they may gotten me on that one as well, but I still ended up with a great TV. No need to qorry about the 4 pixels in each quadrant.

I was in CC over the weekend and there were no real deals on anything I was interested in (52in LCD and Blu-Ray), these items were pretty much normal price, not that I was expecting anything different.

I am curious about people's opinions of the extended warranties. I have purchased them and used them, but have also gone without and not needed one. Now I am debating about purchasing one when I drop $2-3k on a TV....

QUOTE (Downtown518 @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 05:21 PM)
I was in CC over the weekend and there were no real deals on anything I was interested in (52in LCD and Blu-Ray), these items were pretty much normal price, not that I was expecting anything different.

I am curious about people's opinions of the extended warranties. I have purchased them and used them, but have also gone without and not needed one. Now I am debating about purchasing one when I drop $2-3k on a TV....

I was there yesterday, mostly just 10 percent off. A lot of the better deals were stuff I don't need or already have. Gotta couple dvds.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 19, 2009 -> 02:50 PM)
Am I the only one that doesn't like shopping online simply because I like to get the X months w/no interest from the store instead?

You're not the only one. For big purchases, I do all kinds of research online. Then, go around to the different stores in the area and compare prices. I've found that it was pretty easy to get any of the stores in the area to do price matching on top of that too. I also just like having a physical store that I can go to immediately if there are any problems at all.