berman talking about the boo-birds!

Iguana

I know, I am SO happy that the booing irritated that talentless crapsack!!

I booed everyone he talked about except Prior ( I like the guy, so sue me ), and I kept booing Jomby even after his HR.

I gave Berman an appropriate "welcome" as well.

:fyou Combover Chris!!!!

I booed everyone he talked about except Prior ( I like the guy, so sue me ), and I kept booing Jomby even after his HR.

He couldnt even pronounce Giambi's name right. Kept saying Gambi. lol

Just out of curiosity, why would you boo everyone??

I booed Bonds because he's an asshole, and because he pimped out his kids to hold up signs that read "Please Pitch To My Daddy" when they were like 4 years old, and could not have had a CLUE what that meant.

I booed all the Yankees because I HATE the Yankees, and always have.

I booed the Twins and Royals because they are divisional rivals.

I booed Dusty Baylor and Kerry Wood because they are Cubs - did we cheer them a few weeks ago?? Then why would I cheer them now?

I booed Chris Berman because he is a know-nothing and does that combover - YOU'RE BALD, CHRIS, ACCEPT IT.

The fact that it's an exhibition game does not change my feelings toward any of those people, and I'm NOT going to pretend to like someone just so ESPN thinks I'm "classy". Like they'd know what that is anyway... :finger

I booed Bonds because he's an asshole, and because he pimped out his kids to hold up signs that read "Please Pitch To My Daddy" when they were like 4 years old, and could not have had a CLUE what that meant.

I booed Dusty Baylor and Kerry Wood because they are Cubs - did we cheer them a few weeks ago?? Then why would I cheer them now?

I booed Chris Berman because he is a know-nothing and does that combover - YOU'RE BALD, CHRIS, ACCEPT IT.

The fact that it's an exhibition game does not change my feelings toward any of those people, and I'm NOT going to pretend to like someone just so ESPN thinks I'm "classy". Like they'd know what that is anyway... :finger

great reply and booing is part of baseball and the tradition of the game.

we are less vocal then other fans in the past.

that about sums it up for me :finger

Rex, I am with what I think you are saying here.

Booing the cubs, one thing. Same even with the Yankees, twinkies, and royals (this year).

I thought the rest of the booing was totally classless.

But then again I am not 16 years old.

However I am proud that my 8 year old grandson showed a lot more class than some of the fans.

Rex, I am with what I think you are saying here.

Booing the cubs, one thing. Same even with the Yankees, twinkies, and royals (this year).

I thought the rest of the booing was totally classless.

But then again I am not 16 years old.

However I am proud that my 8 year old grandson showed a lot more class than some of the fans.

I am not going to get into it any deeper. I wanted to know why someone would boo so I asked. Personally, I would never do it. To each their own, I guess. People can read into that how they want.

81 home games to boo anyone and everyone from other teams you want but here it is the All Star Game -

wtf was the point?

of course I wonder how many of those booing last night show up for any of those 81 games

I thought it was classless - there is a proper time and place for everything and last night was not the time for that - it was the only flaw in an otherwise fantastic couple of days

81 home games to boo anyone and everyone from other teams you want but here it is the All Star Game -

wtf was the point?

of course I wonder how many of those booing last night show up for any of those 81 games

I thought it was classless - there is a proper time and place for everything and last night was not the time for that - it was the only flaw in an otherwise fantastic couple of days

in your opinion it was classless.

i disagree. if this was a time and place not to be an asshole then bonds would have been in the home run derby. he is no class act and i think he deserved to be booed with vigor.

but then again, that is my opinion

the home run derby is a gimmick and Bonds hits his home runs when it counts. The 3 he hit at USCF this season in games that count were impressive.

The home run derby allowed younger players to get their names out there, fine. Bonds doesn't have to do that, and it could be considered gracious that he allows the younger players their place in that spotlight to further their public image.

The home run derby throws off player's swings - witness PK last year, and since. If Bonds doesn't want to play these gimmicks and risk his swing, more power to him.

The booing of Bonds was particularly classless considering he is on the greatest players in the game and will be remembered for his home run records long after anyone can remember who won any of the home run derbys.

The SI poll reported a few weeks earlier revealed that MLB players thought the Chicago White Sox fans were the worst. f*** it.

BOO THE f*** OUT OF ALL OF THEM

We'll show you overpaid primadonna's the worst fans in baseball. Too bad every fan in attendance didn't boo every player except for Loaiza, Maggs, and Everett.

And since when do White Sox fans care about how we're perceived by Organizations and fans outside of the White Sox Organization :huh: ? We're like rabid wolves. We boo our own when need be. Baseball players and fans better get used to the idea of USCF boo-birds.

The SI poll reported a few weeks earlier revealed that MLB players thought the Chicago White Sox fans were the worst. f*** it.

So give me some reasons Sox fans have given those players to think they are not the worst fans....

From an outsiders perspective, Sox fans haven't given people much reason to think anything but negatively towards them.

oh get off the holier-than-thou attitude both of you. fans boo because they boo because they boo because they boo. there is nothing right or wrong, or good or bad about it. this is not the masters. at baseball games, you boo people and you cheer people and that's just how it is. it's not a question of hate, or bad taste, or lack of class.

oh get off the holier-than-thou attitude both of you. fans boo because they boo because they boo because they boo. there is nothing right or wrong, or good or bad about it. this is not the masters. at baseball games, you boo people and you cheer people and that's just how it is. it's not a question of hate, or bad taste, or lack of class.

I agree. Complain about something that f***ing matters. Thanks.

the home run derby is a gimmick and Bonds hits his home runs when it counts.  The 3 he hit at USCF this season in games that count were impressive.

The home run derby allowed younger players to get their names out there, fine.  Bonds doesn't have to do that, and it could be considered gracious that he allows the younger players their place in that spotlight to further their public image. 

The home run derby throws off player's swings - witness PK last year, and since.  If Bonds doesn't want to play these gimmicks and risk his swing, more power to him.

The booing of Bonds was particularly classless considering he is on the greatest players in the game and will be remembered for his home run records long after anyone can remember who won any of the home run derbys.

i will disagree with your statement that because bonds is one of the best ever he is above reproach. if you applaud bonds for his achievements, that fine with me. it your choice.

i however, thinks he treats people with total contempt. his fans. his teammates.. etc. he is great. but, he strikes me as an asshole. and it seems ohter folks dont like bonds also. so they boo.

it think its a little judgemental to call people classless for giving bonds feedback for his behavior.

i understand your point of view.... i just dont agree with is. that is what makes this site fun. :cheers

Guest hotsoxchick1

nothing wrong with that.. boos come with the territory.... dont want to hear them dont play.. simple.......put yourself in the public eye not everyone is gonna like you or love you ....players dont want to hear the boos when they are deserved then borrow shammes ear plugs when you take the field........

I would think that, as a player, it would be somewhat of an honor to be booed. That shows that people know who you are and you're not some guy that people didn't come to see. Anyways, who really cares if someone gets booed (other than the stupid media)?!?!?! I'm sure that the players have a few laughs after the game talking about how the fans treat them.

the home run derby is a gimmick and Bonds hits his home runs when it counts.  The 3 he hit at USCF this season in games that count were impressive.

The home run derby allowed younger players to get their names out there, fine.  Bonds doesn't have to do that, and it could be considered gracious that he allows the younger players their place in that spotlight to further their public image. 

The home run derby throws off player's swings - witness PK last year, and since.  If Bonds doesn't want to play these gimmicks and risk his swing, more power to him.

It can also be said that the All-Star Game is a gimmick - it's a meaningless exhibition, and it does nothing to change my opinion of anyone I boo or cheer. The fact that someone was chosen to a midseason exhibition game does not make him a good guy.

Your opinion of what is and is not classy is just that - an opinion. An equally valid ( and equally irrelevant ) opinion is that ANY booing can be taken as classless. I thought it was classless to stick a sign in a 4 year old's hand lobbying pitchers not to walk Bonds during his HR record chase, but that's my opinion.

People will think and do what they want, and that is everyone's right. Doesn't make anyone better than anyone else.

If Bonds didn't WANT to take part in the HR Derby, he could have been honest and said that, and not insinuated that his father's health was the reason. If he wanted to be at his father's side, he should have declined the invitation altogether to let someone else have the roster spot. For him to be at the park for the warmups and not to be in the HR Derby was pointless, in my opinion.

I boo'd

Baker because I think he is full of himself and has this holier than thou attitude and is untouchable because he is Johnny B. Baker.

Prior because he has the same type of attitude (see hitting Bonds.)

Bonds, see above, the Babe Ruth talk, makes me ill.

The Royals becasue I am jealous of them, they both laughed and appeared to appreciate it.

Guardado, (see Royals.)

I think the players all took it in fun as at least they realize they are being boo'd because we are pissed they are beating us (cub players.)

What is wrong with booing a guy, at least we recognize and understand why we are booing them. If we boo'd Ordonez or Loiaza I would have a problem. Booing Foulke is stupid but the remainder make sense and I thought they were in good nature. I am sure Barry Bonds could give two s***s that I hate him.