Honeymoon advice

SnB

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 09:13 AM)
Hey at least we have different colours, and it can't get all wrinkled up like your paper equivalent. :P

To be sure, our money isn't made out of paper -- it's 75 percent cotton and 25 percent linen. Most people simply don't know that. :D

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 08:30 AM)
I went to Australia for 2 weeks in October 2008 for my honeymoon, you're going to love it...and the favorable exchange rate you'll get -- its like 1$ American to 1.55AUS. Their plastic toylike money makes me laugh. :D The only thing you may not love is the flight, but it's not as bad as they say. If I could recommend anything to you, if you're flying Quantas, when you are getting your seats (if you aren't first class anyway), request the seats in the far back of the plane, as they are only in 2's rather than 3's/4's like the rest of the plane, that way you get to sit alone with your girl...otherwise you'll end up squished between wacky Aussies. :D

As for the question asked in this thread -- go to Hawaii, stay FAR away from Mexico right now. Besides, Mexico is for spring breaker children who think they know how to party -- Hawaii is for Honeymoons.

Good to hear, thanks for the advice. I have flown enough 8-9 hour flights to Europe, but 13 hrs is gonna be something else. We are flying Qantas, but they dont let you pick seats until you check-in, but I'll keep that in mind.

All this funny money talk reminded of the Simpsons episode where they get kidnapped in Brazil, when the kidnappers get their ransom money.

"Look at all that pink & purple!!"

"Wow, our money sure is gay."

:lolhitting

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 10:05 AM)
Good to hear, thanks for the advice. I have flown enough 8-9 hour flights to Europe, but 13 hrs is gonna be something else. We are flying Qantas, but they dont let you pick seats until you check-in, but I'll keep that in mind.

All this funny money talk reminded of the Simpsons episode where they get kidnapped in Brazil, when the kidnappers get their ransom money.

"Look at all that pink & purple!!"

"Wow, our money sure is gay."

:lolhitting

Yea, that's how it was for us -- the last like 4 rows on one side of the plane has only 2 seats, if you tell them you are on your honeymoon and you'd prefer those, they'll probably give them to you, that's how we got them on both flights! It's far better than sitting next to strangers on flights.

And it's not just the one 13 hour flight, you will have plenty of movies/music to listen too -- it's built into the headrest, and the plane is big so it's quite easy to sleep on it, just take a Tylonol PM (or 2) and you'll be out for 1/2 the flight, easy. It's the fact you have to fly to LAX (5 hours), Australia (13+ hours), then to your destination after you get to Australia (usually 2 more hours.) It's well worth it, though! And try eating some Kangaroo out there, almost ever good restaurant will have it...it's like their version of Deer. :D I discovered that Aussies are basically the exact same people as Americans (and I don't say that for any other county). They won't really know much about baseball, so just say you're from Chicago -- and mention Michael Jordan, they all know who he is. :) Oh, and keep in mind they walk like they drive (on the wrong side of the sidewalk/road), I bumped into a ton of people, I couldn't get used to walking on the opposite side of the sidewalk, nor cross the street without running through traffic. :D

Edited by Y2HH

mexico is great, i really enjoy going. just about everything is legal there lol. its not that bad, financially. last i checked, $1= 15.14 pesos, thats a lot. but theres just way too much crime right now.esp. if they know ur from the u.s. a lot of people are pretending to be military cops. the economy down there is just brutal. theyre only making aroung 60 dollars a week there, less. hawaii is too expensive. id go to mexico(if ur not scared) :)

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 10:46 AM)
That's true. They are doing Europe tickets out of Chicago for $400 ROUND TRIP right now. It's insane.

There's 3 and 4 night packages for places like London and Rome for about $700 a person right now.

I'd recommend Hawaii over Mexico any day of the week. I've been to Kauia, Maui and Oahu. I'd prefer them in that order, too.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 09:21 AM)
To be sure, our money isn't made out of paper -- it's 75 percent cotton and 25 percent linen. Most people simply don't know that. :D

So money really DOESN'T grow on trees...

I guess I owe my parents a BIG apology.

:lol: