Honeymoon advice

SnB

QUOTE (SnB @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 07:20 PM)
Hawaii or Mexico?

We've been looking at maui, but have gotten alot of recommendations to go to mexico, especially for the all-inclusives.

aaaand go

I'd go to Hawaii. It's too scary in Mexico right now with the big drug war going on, all the killings, and all the kidnappings. :(

QUOTE (SnB @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 07:20 PM)
Hawaii or Mexico?

We've been looking at maui, but have gotten alot of recommendations to go to mexico, especially for the all-inclusives.

aaaand go

Disney World... ok, now seriously... Hawaii. Like SouthsideDon said, the drug wars in Mexico are pretty bad right now. My church does a mission trip to Tijuana every year and they are having a hard time getting people to go, and there is a lot of fear about security.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 07:26 PM)
I'd go to Hawaii. It's too scary in Mexico right now with the big drug war going on, all the killings, and all the kidnappings. :(

Just booked a trip to PLaya del Carmen today, the news cant keep me away.

For a Honeymoon, skip Mexico all inclusive, that is more of a once a year type thing on a budget, Hawaii is pure paradise.

Edited by RockRaines

If it comes down to money, then Mexico might be the best bet. But I've been to Maui (never been to Mexico) and I can say, IMO, that the Hawaiian islands are a place you have to see before you die.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 09:56 AM)
I read somewhere that European cruises are ridiculously cheap because of the terrible economy. Might want to try a Mediterranean cruise and check out Italy, Greece, etc.

That's true. They are doing Europe tickets out of Chicago for $400 ROUND TRIP right now. It's insane.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 04:46 PM)
That's true. They are doing Europe tickets out of Chicago for $400 ROUND TRIP right now. It's insane.

went to italy for my honeymoon. was the best trip ever. take the train between cities, great food, amazing sites/culture.

i think it comes down to...

a) are you a beach guy, sit and relax

B) are you an explorer, go-getter

With all the drug wars and kidnappings going on in Mexico right now, I can't help but think that the Denzel Washington movie, "Man on Fire", is a pretty close to accurate depiction of the conditions in Mexico.

I wouldn't go to Mexico without 2 or 3 bodyguards watching my ass.

...unless I can somehow get in Mexico by myself with a dufflebag full of weapons like in "Way of the Gun". hmmmm

Yea, that's what all tourists should do if they go to Mexico: get a bodyguard or arm yourself to the teeth with weapons.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 11:07 AM)
went to italy for my honeymoon. was the best trip ever. take the train between cities, great food, amazing sites/culture.

i think it comes down to...

a) are you a beach guy, sit and relax

B) are you an explorer, go-getter

Did the same thing...and it was awesome. Started in Positano on the Amalfi Coast...MAN, I wish I was still there.

Anyway...don't know about the drug wars, but my mom just got back from just north of Puerta Vallarta (I think it's called Nueva Vallarta?) and she had a fantastic time.

Seriously, wherever you go...just enjoy it.

Cuz that's the best it's ever gonna be!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 11:32 AM)
I'm actually headed to Australia/New Zealand for my honeymoon next month, pretty pumped about that, although I have to miss the first 2-3 weeks of baseball season...

:aussie: :aussie: :aussie:

I went to Australia for 2 weeks in October 2008 for my honeymoon, you're going to love it...and the favorable exchange rate you'll get -- its like 1$ American to 1.55AUS. Their plastic toylike money makes me laugh. :D The only thing you may not love is the flight, but it's not as bad as they say. If I could recommend anything to you, if you're flying Quantas, when you are getting your seats (if you aren't first class anyway), request the seats in the far back of the plane, as they are only in 2's rather than 3's/4's like the rest of the plane, that way you get to sit alone with your girl...otherwise you'll end up squished between wacky Aussies. :D

As for the question asked in this thread -- go to Hawaii, stay FAR away from Mexico right now. Besides, Mexico is for spring breaker children who think they know how to party -- Hawaii is for Honeymoons.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 6, 2009 -> 09:30 AM)
I went to Australia for 2 weeks in October 2008 for my honeymoon, you're going to love it...and the favorable exchange rate you'll get -- its like 1$ American to 1.55AUS. Their plastic toylike money makes me laugh. :D The only thing you may not love is the flight, but it's not as bad as they say. If I could recommend anything to you, if you're flying Quantas, when you are getting your seats (if you aren't first class anyway), request the seats in the far back of the plane, as they are only in 2's rather than 3's/4's like the rest of the plane, that way you get to sit alone with your girl...otherwise you'll end up squished between wacky Aussies. :D

As for the question asked in this thread -- go to Hawaii, stay FAR away from Mexico right now. Besides, Mexico is for spring breaker children who think they know how to party -- Hawaii is for Honeymoons.

Hey at least we have different colours, and it can't get all wrinkled up like your paper equivalent. :P