MLB '09:The Show

TheBlackSox8

Post in here if you are interested in an online league and able to commit to most games. I'll keep track of names. Max # of teams is 30.

Deadline for signups is opening night. April 5th a Sunday. Draft for teams will be the next day, and the Draft for players will be on that Tuesday. Still trying to figure specifics on how to configure a draft online....will post updates for that. Hopefully a roster update is conducted by then, and if not...oh well I suppose.

Draft for team selection will be randomized by me and BobDylan via IM

PM a list of five teams in the order you like to be. eg: Cards, Cubs, WSox, Rays, Dodgers. If the cards cubs and wsox are all taken by your draft pick you get the rays as your team.

Edited by onedude

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno how it runs, i'd say probably send a pm to the person you are playing on soxtalk or on the psn. Probably every other day or so.....unless you can get multiple in one day. I'm pretty sure you don't have to play the schedule in order....you can pick and choose which games you want to play. so if you know someone is on a lot, you can get those games done right away, if someone isn't on a whole lot try to schedule the game.

still dunno how it runs, i'll know soon enough, i have to complete 10 online games before i can become a commissioner.

QUOTE (onedude @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 01:49 PM)
got around 7 or 8 at the moment.....if you know of anyone else that has the game and would like to play, by all means let me know....they're more than welcome to play. I have a friend and a brother who might be...

Pretty decent number. I'm slacking with MLB and playing the crap out of Killzone, so go ahead and set the league up. I imagine I'll be the cellar dweller of this league, but it'll be fun anyway.

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Mar 30, 2009 -> 10:16 PM)
Pretty decent number. I'm slacking with MLB and playing the crap out of Killzone, so go ahead and set the league up. I imagine I'll be the cellar dweller of this league, but it'll be fun anyway.

I don't know about that... I haven't played a baseball game since MVP '05 on PS2. I'm sure I'm not gonna be able to hit a lick b/c I hear hitting is pretty difficult in this game.

it's better to play the game with the person on the same ps3 as you. Online can get laggy and frustrating....but i guess you take what they give you. Hitting isn't bad if you have classic 1/4. If you guess the pitch right, most of the time you get rewarded with a hit. I found the biggest problem with hitting is when i play my show player....not with my franchise team.

QUOTE (onedude @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 09:46 PM)
it's better to play the game with the person on the same ps3 as you. Online can get laggy and frustrating....but i guess you take what they give you. Hitting isn't bad if you have classic 1/4. If you guess the pitch right, most of the time you get rewarded with a hit. I found the biggest problem with hitting is when i play my show player....not with my franchise team.

I guess I should have asked this earlier... Is guess pitch allowed in these games? Kinda makes it pretty easy.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)
I guess I should have asked this earlier... Is guess pitch allowed in these games? Kinda makes it pretty easy.

i think we were going to vote on the options when we get everyone in the league

iIi-MARV-iIi*

Sabatosh

Drunkchimp*

jjd06e

Chad294

BeerNut84*

onedude84*

brcsucks

jmg84*

asterisk is people on soxtalk....

Still taking signups until Sunday night if people are interested. gonna be like 15 game commitment as of now, but if more teams join that will go up. 2 division games 1 non division game. vote on options that monday, as teams will be picked also. tuesday is draft everyone let me know times your available to draft.....and if you can't draft get me a list of your top guys....you can make it yourself or you can send me a link to a websites player ranking list. I should be able to draft for you.