U.S. Cellular Field updates

Sonik22

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 10:16 AM)
You can park for free. If you don't mind the walk.

They also built the giant new gate 5 thing. I'm not sure what else it has going inside the building. Its pretty tall.

Yeah it was...great game...great day...good buzz.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 10:16 AM)
You can park for free. If you don't mind the walk.

Where can one park for free if they don't mind the walk?

This doesn't apply to me, since I have yearly neighborhood passes from my family who live in Bridgeport, but others on here may want to know about your secret free parking spots!

Sorry but I liked the old out-of-town scoreboard better. It was old-school and I liked that.

It's not like there's a shortage of digital displays bombarding us every game at The Cell.

Having said that, what's the deal with the Gate 5 thing? Did they finish? There's a bar there, right? And Jimbo's is officially goneski, right?

I drove by USCF in March on a Sunday and they were working on the Gate 5 structure even on a Sunday... so is it done yet?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 12:40 PM)
ok, so i dont think I've seen an answer to my question. The new Out of Town board shows the lineups and current pitcher/batter stats. So, what happens to the board in left-center that used to house that data?

For those who need a visual:

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
Where can one park for free if they don't mind the walk?

This doesn't apply to me, since I have yearly neighborhood passes from my family who live in Bridgeport, but others on here may want to know about your secret free parking spots!

West of Halsted. Not every street. Like my street, you need the parking sticker, but some streets don't require it. You can also park on Morgan. Its a good distance of a walk, but if its nice out and you don't mind a little walk it's not to bad. I walk to games and it takes about 15 minutes.

ok, so i dont think I've seen an answer to my question. The new Out of Town board shows the lineups and current pitcher/batter stats. So, what happens to the board in left-center that used to house that data?

there hasn't been a game yet so i'm not sure there's an answer. maybe they'll have it in 2 places for those of us who's view has been obstructed by fundamentals?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 01:02 PM)
West of Halsted. Not every street. Like my street, you need the parking sticker, but some streets don't require it. You can also park on Morgan. Its a good distance of a walk, but if its nice out and you don't mind a little walk it's not to bad. I walk to games and it takes about 15 minutes.

Ya, I lived off of 33rd/Halsted until I got married this year, I know those areas -- most don't know they exist.

Well if you look closely at this photo from today, it looks like they are going to use it for what they always have:

121978_Royals_White_Sox_Baseball.jpg

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 12:39 PM)
Sorry but I liked the old out-of-town scoreboard better. It was old-school and I liked that.

It's not like there's a shortage of digital displays bombarding us every game at The Cell.

Having said that, what's the deal with the Gate 5 thing? Did they finish? There's a bar there, right? And Jimbo's is officially goneski, right?

I drove by USCF in March on a Sunday and they were working on the Gate 5 structure even on a Sunday... so is it done yet?

I didnt mind the old scoreboard but it was always way behind and not updated often. Hopefully the new one will update close to real time.

A couple things I think would make the field look better and would be quite simple; paint the Sox logo on grass behind home plate (like the Yanks, Tigers, etc have), and place brick facade around the backstop between the batters boxes. I think both would really add to the look and feel of the park, both live and on tv.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 04:01 AM)
A couple things I think would make the field look better and would be quite simple; paint the Sox logo on grass behind home plate (like the Yanks, Tigers, etc have), and place brick facade around the backstop between the batters boxes. I think both would really add to the look and feel of the park, both live and on tv.

Bricks? cub fan? Its a baseball park not a Portillo's. The old park had a painted concrete wall so the current padded wall is more traditional to the White Sox.