4/27 Games

flavum

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 12:25 AM)
THis is second go around in AA, correct?

Third, technically.

Brief appearance in 2006.

As far as Montgomery goes, there are some sites affiliated with the Civil Rights movement that are interesting and the Southern Poverty Law Center, if you're into that kind of thing. The Civil War battle of Shiloh was all the way to the northeast of Mississippi/southern TENN, so that's about all I remember from my visit to that region.

Huntsville is fun, there's the space and rocket center if you're into that kind of thing.

BTW, Dayan Viciedo has his 2nd stolen base tonight. Go Cuban Tanko.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
Third, technically.

As far as Montgomery goes, there are some sites affiliated with the Civil Rights movement that are interesting and the Southern Poverty Law Center, if you're into that kind of thing. The Civil War battle of Shiloh was all the way to the northeast of Mississippi/southern TENN, so that's about all I remember from my visit to that region.

Huntsville is fun, there's the space and rocket center if you're into that kind of thing.

"The Gump" is a hole. But so is B'ham.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 05:41 PM)
I think once Beckham breaks through, he's never going to look back. It might be good for him in the long run if he slumps a little bit now.

Viciedo is 3-3. .238 never looked so good.

Winston-Salem won 9-2.

Shirek (3-0, 3.18 ERA)

Homers for Sanchez and Gallagher.

You never look so good when you are seeing the ball well nor look so bad when you are struggling.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 09:47 PM)
Third, technically.

Good try! Go Cuban Tanko!

Tanque de Guerra (war)

El Tanque Cubano

QUOTE (Cubano @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 11:10 PM)
Good try! Go Cuban Tanko!

Tanque de Guerra (war)

El Tanque Cubano

Cubano, I was joking. I think it's funny when people add vowels to the end of words and think they're getting Italian or Spanish somehow.

The noun/adjective structure doesn't work as well, either. Titan de bronze would be Bronze Titan in English, not Titan of Bronze.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2009 -> 07:37 AM)
Cubano, I was joking. I think it's funny when people add vowels to the end of words and think they're getting Italian or Spanish somehow.

The noun/adjective structure doesn't work as well, either. Titan de bronze would be Bronze Titan in English, not Titan of Bronze.

Are you really giving a guy whose native language is Spanish, a lesson in Spanish? :lolhitting

I'll give another example (ejemplo).

In Spanish, banks are usually banco, but banque is French for bank.

On the other hand, a tank is most definitely not a tanko in Spanish (that's what I was joking about, Vicied-O, Tank-O). I just liked the sound of the two "o's" together...or Cubano Tanko.

I'll give Mccullogh two more starts to keep pitching well, and if he does, i think he should get promoted. It's clear that he's really not that good a pitcher, but it's also clear that being in AA can do nonthing more to help him. I say we just bring him to Charlotte and have him replace Gobble or Williams.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 27, 2009 -> 10:17 PM)
Tell me about it. I'm working my ass off on a comparative politics paper.

I hear you man. It sounds like a very boring subject. Pardon my sincerity. It feels so good having finished college already especially after seeing so many left wings professors in America. I can not put with all that Mambo Dumbo Jumbo Propaganda!

Edited by Cubano