Trade

KipWellsFan

Damn the Rangers robbed the Indians blind. Rodriguez is an awesome pitcher or at least has the talent to be.

I did read that thing and I Guess he has ran into problems, but I do think he could become a really good player. Good move by the Rangers and I guess the Indians got a decent hitter (Good stats and such).

Damn the Rangers robbed the Indians blind.  Rodriguez is an awesome pitcher or at least has the talent to be.

I did read that thing and I Guess he has ran into problems, but I do think he could become a really good player.  Good move by the Rangers and I guess the Indians got a decent hitter (Good stats and such).

you must see something that i don't. :huh:

but i will respect your misguided knowledge :headbang

Rodriguez was freaking awesome his first month. Then he gets injured and hasn't been as good. Watching him pitch at the beginning of the year I saw all I needed to.

I'd trade a solid outfield prospect for a good pitching prospect any day of the week, especially when your the Rangers, a team that lacks pitching. He can come in and will be part of a younger more talented staff on a team that has a ton of young, talented positon players.

I wish we had the Ex Indian Gm as our gm. Hart is really doing a good job in my book. He's cleaning up that mess.

Rodriguez was freaking awesome his first month.  Then he gets injured and hasn't been as good.  Watching him pitch at the beginning of the year I saw all I needed to.

I'd trade a solid outfield prospect for a good pitching prospect any day of the week, especially when your the Rangers, a team that lacks pitching.  He can come in and will be part of a younger more talented staff on a team that has a ton of young, talented positon players. 

I wish we had the Ex Indian Gm as our gm.  Hart is really doing a good job in my book.  He's cleaning up that mess.

let look at the age

spencer-31

rod-24

ludwick-25

kind of old, if they have made it by now, i wonder if they would ever.

Rodriguez isn't very old at 24.  Thats actually young.  So the guys haven't been rushed.  If your drafted out of college thats like 2 years development which really isn't much.

Too many guys get rushed.  Rodriguez is a very good prospect.

i don't know, we will see on this.

All I'm going to say is that I think you look too harsh at age. At 24 I can see a guy just making the majors (Rodriguez did that this year and dominated early). Then he hit a slump (Also got hurt) and was in trouble. I think last year he was in A ball at the beginning so thats a huge jump.

And I know when he was traded he was in AA.

Jarrod Washburn was around 26 or so when he made it.

All I'm going to say is that I think you look too harsh at age.  At 24 I can see a guy just making the majors (Rodriguez did that this year and dominated early).  Then he hit a slump (Also got hurt) and was in trouble.  I think last year he was in A ball at the beginning so thats a huge jump. 

And I know when he was traded he was in AA. 

Jarrod Washburn was around 26 or so when he made it.

there are a few exceptation that make the bigs later in life.

but most don't pan out and tell me if the bigs don't think the same way?

Well he did get some good talent for Colon, and Yes he did Mug LA and our Former Employee Evans.

Ya, Brandon Phillips is damn good. I'd love having him on the SouthSide. Another guy I like, although he's a lazy ass if Milton Bradley. The guy can rake and has all the ability.

To Texas

-Ricardo Rodriguez

-Shane Spencer

To Cleveland

-Ryan Ludwick

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/news/...8rodriguez.html

Pretty even trade...Spencer is just a "throw away" in the deal. I don't understand the Jndjans need for another outfielder, though. They already have Milton Bradley, Jody Gerut & Coco Crisp in the majors with Alex Escobar & Grady Sizemore not too far away. :huh:

To Texas

-Ricardo Rodriguez

-Shane Spencer

To Cleveland

-Ryan Ludwick

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/news/...8rodriguez.html

Pretty even trade...Spencer is just a "throw away" in the deal. I don't understand the Jndjans need for another outfielder, though. They already have Milton Bradley, Jody Gerut & Coco Crisp in the majors with Alex Escobar & Grady Sizemore not too far away. :huh:

i forgot about alex being there.

yeah you got a point. unless this if part of a bigger trade.

does anyone of them pl cf. remember the sCrubs are looking for one.

I think the Tribe would move Milton Bradley. I think they are sick of him dogging it. He's been on the hotseat there for a while. Wedge doesn't put up with that. He gave Bradley a good lashing after screwing up on the bases in the game against the Sox.

Something I"ve yet to see Manuel do to a player after they make a major goof. Not saying it shoudl be done if you make one mistake, but if you continually make them, then rip into the guy.

I think the Tribe would move Milton Bradley.  I think they are sick of him dogging it.  He's been on the hotseat there for a while.  Wedge doesn't put up with that.  He gave Bradley a good lashing after screwing up on the bases in the game against the Sox. 

Something I"ve yet to see Manuel do to a player after they make a major goof.  Not saying it shoudl be done if you make one mistake, but if you continually make them, then rip into the guy.

unless jm does it in the clubhouse.

I think the Tribe would move Milton Bradley.  I think they are sick of him dogging it.  He's been on the hotseat there for a while.  Wedge doesn't put up with that.  He gave Bradley a good lashing after screwing up on the bases in the game against the Sox. 

Something I"ve yet to see Manuel do to a player after they make a major goof.  Not saying it shoudl be done if you make one mistake, but if you continually make them, then rip into the guy.

unless jm does it in the clubhouse.

Yea right.

Rodriguez was freaking awesome his first month.  Then he gets injured and hasn't been as good.  Watching him pitch at the beginning of the year I saw all I needed to.

I'd trade a solid outfield prospect for a good pitching prospect any day of the week, especially when your the Rangers, a team that lacks pitching.  He can come in and will be part of a younger more talented staff on a team that has a ton of young, talented positon players. 

I wish we had the Ex Indian Gm as our gm.  Hart is really doing a good job in my book.  He's cleaning up that mess.

let look at the age

spencer-31

rod-24

ludwick-25

kind of old, if they have made it by now, i wonder if they would ever.

What the f*** dude? When did 24 for a baseball player get old?

Your name is LDF...but have you been dabbling in LSD? Because some of your recent posts are making me wonder man. :huh:

Am I the only one who thinks that is nuts? Look at the players he traded away in Cleveland. (Giles, Sexson and co) He is also the guy who gave Chan Ho Park a 5 year $75mil deal. Hart is terrible.

Ludwick is a power hitter, you can tell by his K/BB ratio that most of his hits are going to be homeruns. I honestly don't know why Cleveland would be interested in him for. As someone already stated you have Crisp, Bradley, Sizemore, Escobar and etc. that are in the minors right now.

This might only be one of the few bad moves made by Shapiro. Shapiro has done his job however, the Indians are going to be a powerhouse again in a couple of years.

Amazing what a great GM can do for a franchise.

CWSOX45

I think this deal might say more about Rodriguez than anything. Not too often is a guy considered to be a top prospect traded twice within a year.

Perhaps the Dodgers had soured on him some as well and Danny Evans wasn't so far off base in moving him?

Keep in mind, that there is a lot more to a guy than his numbers. Attitude, work ethic, etc. all come into play. Even Mr. Numbers himself, Billy Beane, moved Jeremy Giambi (whom he really liked for John Mabry who he didn't) because Giambi was too much of a partier.

Those are the things that fans don't know about. Hell, I know for a fact the Sox have moved some guys in the past for reasons outside the playing field and talent.