Frank Thomas

johndyce

Since Thome is going to the Phillies this could get really interesting. What if the Indians sign him. We would play against the best sox hitter of all time all season long.

Myself, I hope we can get Frank back. What I'd do is then tell him he can play for a big contract if he does good again next year. I think if he works and tries hard he can have another MVP like season. He is in my mind the best hitter of the nineties

First off, let me say welcome aboard, its always great to have another die hard Sox fan here.

Secondly, I think Thomas is already working his butt off as his motivation is all the heat he's taken from the fans this past season.

Supposedly he's been in Vegas working his butt off getting into great shape and he's supposed to meet his former hitting coach as well.

I think Thomas will be back. Of course it would be a great pickup for the Tribe, since they would need a first baseman, the thing is, they don't want to spend a penny on any veterans other then Thome because he's loved in the city and I think they know they won't get him.

The just have to make it look like they tried.

Originally posted by johndyce What I'd do is then tell him he can play for a big contract if he does good again next year.

Not gonna happen with the cheap ass owner that JR is. This "diminished skills clause" is the greatest thing to happen for JR in regards to Thomas' salary.

And I agree with you that Frank Thomas was the greatest hitter in the 90's. It's a shame JR will not show Frank the respect that he deserves. :mad:

Where is it in print where it says "Thome will join the Phils"? I've only heard that Thome will contact Mark Shapiro on Monday AT THE EARLIEST to tell him yay or nay. Thome will probably stay with the Tribe, and even if he doesn't, the Tribe would not have enough time to negotiate with Thomas.

To be honest, I would only take Frank back if he sees Walt Hriniak. I don't care if he's bulking up, etc. He doesn't need it, he's a monster already. What he needs is a good session with Hriniak. Frank will ultimately stay here, I think. The O's won't have enough time to negotiate with him when Schu joins the O's.

If I'm JR I say "Frank I'll give you a guaranteed 5 million and load it up with incentives."

But, if he wants, say 8-9 f*** it. Use that money and resign Buehrle. But, a lineup with Borchard, Thomas, Ordonez, and Konerko is just evil.

I just don't think Borchard is ready. He strikes out way too much, and their will be nothing better for him other then learning how to shorten his swing at the minor league level.

I'd give him at least half a season in AAA, until he comes up. He said that he wasn't ready himself.

I like Joe a lot, but we got time, especially with Lee their for a while.

I am willing to deal Lee though and he will be moved if Thomas is back.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I just don't think Borchard is ready.  He strikes out way too much, and their will be nothing better for him other then learning how to shorten his swing at the minor league level.

I'd give him at least half a season in AAA, until he comes up.  He said that he wasn't ready himself.

I like Joe a lot, but we got time, especially with Lee their for a while.

I am willing to deal Lee though and he will be moved if Thomas is back.

Ding ding ding ding!!!

I find it kinda humerous how things are spiraling downward for the Tribe. They just aren't the team I have constantly remembered the past decade. Just hard to fathom that they could ever come down to Earth and then more!

But as for Thomas...He's got about a week left until the deadline to seek another team. It really doesn't seem like he's been very active in his seeking, so I feel safe that he's gonna be back next year. He's stated numerous times that he wants to finish his career a Sox.

But we do not want to trade Carlos!

Originally posted by HeatherTheRedbird

It really doesn't seem like he's been very active in his seeking, so I feel safe that he's gonna be back next year.  He's stated numerous times that he wants to finish his career a Sox.

Agreed on both counts.

Originally posted by cwsox
Originally posted by HeatherTheRedbird

It really doesn't seem like he's been very active in his seeking, so I feel safe that he's gonna be back next year.  He's stated numerous times that he wants to finish his career a Sox.

Agreed on both counts.

I agree on one count. Dumbass caballo is one of the reasons why this team cannot play fundamental baseball.

Originally posted by RedPinStripes

I'm happy keeping Carlos as long as he can play 60-70% of his games at the DH position.

Otherwise, I think its pretty well known the Carlos is going to be pumped from the outfield when Joe Borchard comes here.

He still cant run bases.

yup..the more he walks the more we get to watch him get picked off...he plays baseball like he is stoned...his awareness is horrible...bye bye carlos

Guest hotsoxchick1

well we will find out monday if frank signs with baltimore or not.. i heard a rumor hes very close to a deal with them..........funny too cause the schu announcement is due anyday too ........

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

well we will find out monday if frank signs with baltimore or not.. i heard a rumor hes very close to a deal with them..........funny too cause the schu announcement is due anyday too ........

if schu is going to balt id almost on thomas following him...what a great way for schu to get back at JR for not picking danny evans as his replacement

Can you post a link to where you learned this?

schu was prepping evans for the job.... yes he didnt much care for the final outcome of the gm spot... 

Interesting...I miss out on these tidbits way out in California

schu was the one that told danny evans he should resign after the announcement of KW..schu was pissed about that...schu helped get evans the asst GM job last year with the dodgers