D. Wise gives me....

Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 05:15 AM)
If the choice is between Wise and BA in center, it should be BA any time. He's easily the best defensive centerfielder the Sox have had since Jim Landis.

Can't tell if you're kidding or not, but if not I'd point out that you're memory is going to hell.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 12:37 PM)
Can't tell if you're kidding or not, but if not I'd point out that you're memory is going to hell.

If you are suggesting that either Rowand or Lance Johnson or Chet Lemon were better than BA is in CF, I think you are wrong. Anderson's 2006 season in CF was absurdly good. He has range, speed, a great arm and he takes the best routes to the ball. Rowand was pretty good, but he was more flashy than truly great.

QUOTE (LZPride08 @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 01:33 AM)
this is the worst journeyman to play OF for the team since Rob Mackowiak.. but he still put up a .250 BA at worst, DeWayne Wise has a BA of a average NL Pitcher

Mackowiak hit .285 with a .360 OBP as a member of the White Sox and was the furthest thing from a journeyman when acquired. He was a very productive offensive player for the Sox, his manager's decision to completely misuse him him defensively destroyed his reputation, however.

Wise and Richard will be gone soon. I am going to lay off the stating the obvious ripping on these two until August 1st. If Richard is still in the rotation on August 1st and Wise still on the roster that day, however, it would be pretty maddening, and I have a hard time believing this team can make the playoffs if those two play the roles they currently are the last 2 months of the season.

ask and i shall receive last night after his 0-5 i said that if he is going to still be on the roster can we have a permanent thread to bash him on well the thread was made can we keep it towards the top haha....it's really good we've been winning lately it kind of dampens his 0-4's every night but his defense has been horrible....restovich can play better than him....

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 09:27 PM)
Mackowiak gets too much hate. He was acquired to be a bench player, and he certainly hit well. He admitted how badly he felt that he HAD to play CF, and he knew he wasn't that good out there.

yeah at least he admitted he didnt deserve to be out there all wise can do is bash the fans for booing his sorry a**

QUOTE (OldSmoky2 @ Jul 18, 2009 -> 05:33 PM)
He was my first favorite Sox player when I was a kid. When Bob Elston said "Now Burgess is coming out of the dugout to pinch-hit" it usually meant the Sox still had a chance to win. And he frequently delivered.

Yes, he did. I remember some about the article which of course was years ago and it went something about how the guy could pick up a bat and hit in the middle of January. The announcers would laugh when Smokey was used for an inning behind the plate to finish up a game.

With the news of our best defensive player being sent to Charlotte, I just have one serious question. What in the hell does Ozzie see/like about DeWayne Wise? Because I've see this guy play and I really cant figure it out at all.

2009 Stats of Dewayne Wise and Brian Anderson, guess who is who

Player A: AVG .238 HR 2 RBI 13 BB 20 OBP .322

Player B: AVG .198 HR 1 RBI 7 BB 3 OBP .243

Hint- Brian Anderson is player A

I didn't know that we were picking our roster with golf scores of the lower the better.

Edited by wilmot825