7/20 Games

flavum

Wasn't Carlos Torres supposed to start tonight? Maybe they want to get him pitching the same schedule as Richard, so they're moving him to tomorrow? Seems fishy.

I did hear Cooper say last night that if Richard were to fall out of the rotation there are two candidates to take his place- Colon and Torres. No mention of Poreda at all, which is not a surprise to me but a lot of people want Poreda to start. It's not going to happen.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/index.jsp?sid=t494

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 08:10 PM)
Upchurch and Griffith both have bad games. 6 runs in 4 innings. Adam Russel with 4 hitless innings of relief work in Charlotte though :)

Wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the big leagues soon. He seemed like he pitched better than his numbers indicate last year. Also when he was on, he was very tough to hit, throwing that hard from the angles he does.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 07:45 AM)
Do my eyes deceive me, or did Derek Rodriguez get a start for Charlotte? Are they converting him?

Torres was scheduled to start. He was called up, so it went to the bullpen.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 05:45 AM)
Do my eyes deceive me, or did Derek Rodriguez get a start for Charlotte? Are they converting him?

Nope, Carlos Torres got skipped (promoted) so Rodriguez had to jump in. Rodriguez has a pretty live arm. I assume McCulloch will get promoted and join the Knights rotation to replace Torres.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 10:55 AM)
Nope, Carlos Torres got skipped (promoted) so Rodriguez had to jump in. Rodriguez has a pretty live arm. I assume McCulloch will get promoted and join the Knights rotation to replace Torres.

Wouldn't Poreda be taking his rotation spot?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
Until Aaron gets sent down I'm going to make other assumptions. I do figure Aaron gets sent down and in that case it will be Poreda in the rotation.

Gotcha. You have to figure Poreda is the likely candidate though.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 21, 2009 -> 09:10 AM)
Gotcha. You have to figure Poreda is the likely candidate though.

Yep, I'd be shocked if it was someone else. And if it would be anyone else it would be Richard so either way whomever goes back down to AAA will replace Torres in Charlotte's rotation.