Guillen threatens to start beanball war

Balta1701

Personally, I hate the eye for an eye mentality that Ozzie seems to have. It’s to our teams benefit to have more people on base. If they want to hit us that’s fine, it’s to their detriment. Just like it would be equally idiotic to retaliate, when half of our starters can’t throw strikes.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 01:44 PM)
MLB: Encouraging Being a p**** Since 1993-

I miss the old baseball where you had an eye for an eye kind of mentality.

Forget about it...it's all about pleasing corporate sponsors today....don't say anything remotely controversial, don't have opinions...just dress a certain way, have the same haircut using the same cliches...it's the Nascar-ization of baseball.

Hell, hockey has lost it's 'eye for an eye' mentality, so you know baseball sure as hell won't keep it.

Weep for lost glory.

The title of this thread should be changed to "Guillen threatens to start a beanball war. Again". Enough tough talk Oz, just drill someone already and let everyone else figure out the intent. I had more respect for BBJ when he threw behind Kinsler and then said "yeah, I did it, I thought it was about time". I bet his teammates appreciated it more, too.