Large Scale Assassination Advice

Reddy

I just moved to a crappy but cheap apartment in rogers park, and I'm having a small scale fly invasion. I have two window fan units that leave little gaps between the fan and window but I've duct taped those up. Problem... flies are still here. Either they're still getting in from somewhere or they've managed to lay eggs somewhere.

anybody ever have a similar problem? any advice for killing these suckers and/or keeping them out?

Usually the presence of flies signals some sort of demonic presence in the house, you should call your local church and ask for them to come inspect/bless the property. You should hurry before you find yourself possessed and have to be put down by a couple of unemployed Abercrombie & Fitch models packing antique weaponry.

Regards,

QUOTE (Nixon @ Aug 17, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
Usually the presence of flies signals some sort of demonic presence in the house, you should call your local church and ask for them to come inspect/bless the property. You should hurry before you find yourself possessed and have to be put down by a couple of unemployed Abercrombie & Fitch models packing antique weaponry.

Regards,

wait so I shouldn't have turned away those spanish-speaking Jehovah's Witnesses who were flabbergasted by the fact that I didn't speak Spanish and thus had no speech to give me?

Yeah it was pretty funny.

but yeah... i mean, i haven't smelled anything strange thus far... and I've looked. I mean I just moved in so it's probably not food. I would totally believe a dead rat or mouse or something somewhere but the flies aren't THAT bad. They've actually gone down in the few days since I've covered up the holes. We shall see...

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 11:29 AM)
Venus Flytrap. Good idea.

HAH! how ironic is it that you just typed this as I was about to post:

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2085.jpg

IMG_2083.jpg

and yes, that last one, though it's hard to see, there's a disembowled fly in the trap at the top of the picture (the not-red one)

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 11:50 PM)
but yeah... i mean, i haven't smelled anything strange thus far... and I've looked. I mean I just moved in so it's probably not food. I would totally believe a dead rat or mouse or something somewhere but the flies aren't THAT bad. They've actually gone down in the few days since I've covered up the holes. We shall see...

are they regular bottle flies? I have a small fly problem around my slop sink next to my washer and dryer downstairs. They arent regular bottle flies, they are a smaller, slower black fly with rounded wings. My brother in law works for Orkin and told me that those flies feed on bacteria in damp areas(ie. the constant water present in the washer drain), and he suggested to use dry bleach(comet) and pour it in the sink drain or washer drain and let it sit overnight so it kills the larvae