Peavy's Rehab Start on MLB Network Tonight

Cazzball

MLB Network will be airing Jake Peavy's rehab start tonight at 7 ET. Live.

They reported it was his "final AAA rehab start", I haven't read about his 3rd rehab going to AA or something, but didn't see anything here, figured I'd tell yas.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
They are wrong - this won't be his last start in the minors per Kenny from last week.

Hypothetically he could be ready. After this start he should have the stamina to throw 80-90 pitches which is enough to do it at the major league stage. The thing is I figured the Sox wanted to be more careful but if Peavy was down for it you could make the case that the only real risk you have in him making his next start at the major league level (as opposed to the minor league level) is that he might not be ready and would get shelled (but is that really much of a risk since we already know the alternative will get shelled).

Risky, maybe, but not from the sake of health. If he's healthy enough to pitch in Charlotte, he's healthy enough to pitch in Chicago. He just might not be ready to get big leaguers out, but I think a close Peavy is a lot better than current Contreras.