Cash for Clunkers, Government Health Care

Cubano

Cash for Clunkers is another gimmick form the USA government. People are getting more debt as a result. The government has not paid the dealers most of the money becuase simply the government in any country is inept and inefficient. This begs the question:

If this mismangement is happnening with a simple rebate program, what would happen with a mejor and complicated program like a national health program?

Join me in opposing any more government intrusion in our lives.

Government funds and runs extremely popular stimulus program.

Everyone runs with the program, even with a few delays, because everyone knows the government will actually pay what they say they're going to pay.

Therefore, we should avoid government run health care, because too many people might like it.

Ok, someone please correct me if I am wrong. but CARS has only been in place actually running for around two months, correct?

So, at best a deal hasnt been payed in under 60 days? OH THE HORROR! Seriously. 60 days isnt that long. Quite whining, you got business you probably wouldn't have gotten because of this.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of these places dont pay their bills within 60 days as well. A lot of businesses dont.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

And to compare these two programs is really a stretch.

CARS was largely put together in a hurry and rushed through as a quick and easy stimulis to the economy and auto makers. It wasnt instituted over a long period of time.

Health care reform will take years to get all the various mechanisms in place. years to work out all the fine details of how the government will deal with insurers and doctors.

CARS and Health care reform are two TOTALLY different beasts.

And as it was pointed out, CARS was a MAJOR success. I have found it funny to hear the right say it failed because it was so successful it ran out of money. My brain hurts to try and figure out that logic.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 22, 2009 -> 01:32 PM)
Ok, someone please correct me if I am wrong. but CARS has only been in place actually running for around two months, correct?

So, at best a deal hasnt been payed in under 60 days? OH THE HORROR! Seriously. 60 days isnt that long. Quite whining, you got business you probably wouldn't have gotten because of this.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of these places dont pay their bills within 60 days as well. A lot of businesses dont.

Actually it's been running since late July, so well under 60 days.

And although the government hasn't provided exact figures, supposedly a number of the applications for rebates were sent back to dealers because of documentation/paperwork issues on their side.

If only this program had been run by Aetna. Now there's a model of efficiency. They're more than happy to give payouts for things that they cover in only a few days, no one ever has to wait weeks for reimbursement, they never make anyone worry about paperwork issues, and they're always there to help you. If only the government had run this program more like a health insurance company.