sports records

LosMediasBlancas

Nice thread.

I was the first to steal 60+ straight bases without being caught once. (30 junior, 34 senior to be exact) Then of course, I hear about McLouth's record and wanted to punch him in the face.

It's a lame stat, but dammit I'm proud of it. :headbang

Edited by SoxAce

I am no good in sports. I really don't have an athletic body, 5'10" at 160 lbs. In HS my gym teacher who was a track/cross country coach wanted me to join. I am not fast and have no stamina. I don't know what he saw in me. So... I'll stick to working behind a computer screen and playing some sports terribly, but for fun and to get in better shape. The worse part about it is my dad and uncles were great athletes. My dad was lightening quick and strong with good instincts... I guess the athleticism skipped a generation, haha. I hope my kids... in the distant future when I have one or two don't get my sports genes and hopefully smarter...

What was McLouth's record?

Edited by Whitewashed in '05

A couple that will never be broken! HS Cross-Country course records on courses that have been developed into housing areas. Several HS track records. 880, 2-mile relay, and I believe I still have the mile record. I doubt my 880 record will ever be broken, since they do not run that distance anymore. :lolhitting

I also went my entire senior year without being defeated in a conference or regional Chess match.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 22, 2009 -> 11:56 PM)
I'm pretty sure I was the 1st pitcher in my HS to throw a no-hitter.

I caught a no hitter. I think I was so much more nervous than the pitcher. It was a non league game, and we were clearly no match for this team. Still, it was very exciting. The game was almost called in the 4th because of the "slaughter" rule.