Sox playoff invoices due by 9/2

watchtower41

I guess it's time to start paying Rios and Peavy? :violin

Maybe Southpaw hasn't got as many $pecial apperances this year? Whatever the case, it's pretty damn funny when your favorite team that you purchase season tickets from send out a playoff invoice for a team 1 game over .500

What a disaster year for the PR department between empty seats, that ugly LA series, awful marketing, and now this perhaps even the biggest embarassment, playoff invoices in the middle of 11 game road-trip! Nice call!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)
These are also BY FAR my worst playoff seats in 6 years. I called and b****ed and their excuse was that they had to give so many tickets to MLB. Bulls***.

That's what they always say. My tickets were worse than last year too. How is that possible, given the season ticket holder number had to go down with this economy?

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 08:55 AM)
Do you guys get refunded if the Sox don't make it to the post-season?

Here is how it works. Basically, this is like asking for your season ticket deposit very early. Any unused tickets, that money goes towards your 2010 bill.

You can take a pass on the post-season tickets, but then you lose your season ticket account, and you go back to the end of the line if you start over.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 08:56 AM)
Here is how it works. Basically, this is like asking for your season ticket deposit very early. Any unused tickets, that money goes towards your 2010 bill.

You can take a pass on the post-season tickets, but then you lose your season ticket account, and you go back to the end of the line if you start over.

The best part is the $25 they make on every invoice, to process the tickets, which is non-refundable. NIce scam there.

While some of you have full season ticket packages those of us with splits - especially those of us in the upper box section - have some serious decision making in the next week or so. By Sept 2, it should be somewhat clear if the team will be in contention or not. I can't imagine, given the economy and the sour taste in many fans mouths right now, that the line will be huge for season tix next year. That in mind, if they appear to be out of it, do you say the heck with paying now - forfeit the seats and then just ask for them next year when you get back? It's not like the seats around me have had the same people in them all year - either no one has season tix or the people that due just move them all the time. Thoughts?

QUOTE (djcollie03 @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 01:08 PM)
While some of you have full season ticket packages those of us with splits - especially those of us in the upper box section - have some serious decision making in the next week or so. By Sept 2, it should be somewhat clear if the team will be in contention or not. I can't imagine, given the economy and the sour taste in many fans mouths right now, that the line will be huge for season tix next year. That in mind, if they appear to be out of it, do you say the heck with paying now - forfeit the seats and then just ask for them next year when you get back? It's not like the seats around me have had the same people in them all year - either no one has season tix or the people that due just move them all the time. Thoughts?

I wouldn't be surprised if you get better seats.

QUOTE (djcollie03 @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 01:08 PM)

I'm a split holder, and our seat location is primo, so no way I am giving it up to chance. Near zero chance we get as good a seats in the same price bracket, since we own pretty much THE best seats in that bracket.

But if you seat location is nothing to get excited about, and we're looking doomed on 9/1, then I wouldn't blame you for saying screw it. But one thing you would lose regardless is your seniority - which does have some effect.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 08:56 AM)

This isn't true. If you pass on playoff tickets, you retain your status and won't have to make a deposit until the normal time of November. Where you lose your status is if you get the playoff tickets, but want a refund on any of them that are unused. If the Sox are 8 games out on Sept. 2, if you blow off the playoff tickets, the only thing you are risking is if somehow they do make the playoffs.