Sox vs. Sawks 8-26-09 Gavin 10-8 3.98 vs. Wake 11-3 4.31

The Ginger Kid

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 07:17 PM)
When you are fighting for your playoff lives and Jayson Nix is leading off, either your manager or GM have not lived up to their billing.

in lieu of having an actual leadoff hitter I think we can afford to have the guy whose having the best AB’s of this team over the last two months getting the most AB’s out of anyone. That guy would be Beckham. I don’t like putting a major run producer in the leadoff role, but I’d be willing to run this out there. At least until Dye starts hitting then I’d switch him with AJ.

Beckham

Rios

Quentin

Thome

Konerko

Aj

Dye

Ramirez

Nix

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 07:05 PM)
No, I agree with your premise. I’d just slot a couple guys above him with AJ falling no further then 5th or 6th in the order.

I wouldnt. Nix, Alexei, Rios aren't possibilities. Dye isnt working. Quentin was there yesterday and failed to produce. Thome is better lower IMO. Beckham has been fine in the 2 spot. That leaves PK and AJ. I think Ozzie is just trying to shake things up a bit.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 06:17 PM)
When you are fighting for your playoff lives and Jayson Nix is leading off, either your manager or GM have not lived up to their billing.

I know it hurts to see Nix flailing away at pitches.

But looking at this park, he's just as good a candidate to bang one off that left field wall as anyone right now.

Who on the team is producing awesomely enough to give 5 AB per game?

QUOTE (striker62704 @ Aug 26, 2009 -> 06:38 PM)
Does anyone else remember that game with Thomas hit 3 homers in one game off Wakefield? I always think of that game whenever Wakefield faces us.

I love when a White Sox hits 3 homers in a game. Raines hit 3 homers in a game once for the Sox. I think it was in Boston.