And thats a White Sox Series Winnah

RockRaines

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 08:07 PM)
actually, they got hot at the same time the Sox took a dive, at this point in the season, after scuffling a bit, they caught fire and went 17-3. But this coincided with a slide by the Sox, which only stoked that fire for them i'm sure. Plus we have minny to jump over.

Still...they proved it can be done, with some help.

Proved that you can play at a ridiculous clip and still not pass the team ahead of you?

The only way you can start getting even moderately excited is if we sweep Boston and Detroit loses its next four. We'd still be four back in the loss column if we pulled that miracle off and that's currently what the Cubs are behind in the wild card and everybody says they are buried.

Optimism is great, but we pissed that away in that 16 game stretch of s***tiness.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 12:10 PM)
The only way you can start getting even moderately excited is if we sweep Boston and Detroit loses its next four. We'd still be four back in the loss column if we pulled that miracle off and that's currently what the Cubs are behind in the wild card and everybody says they are buried.

Optimism is great, but we pissed that away in that 16 game stretch of s***tiness.

Yep. Got it. You've made this abundantly clear for about 7 days straight now.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 03:07 PM)
Carlos Torres has a spot on this roster in the future. I didn't see the game, but I've seen him pitch enough, and I think he has the stuff to retire hitters. He'd be a bad starting pitcher full time, other than in the NL, because he is erratic, but he could be productive out of the bullpen in the very near future.

Seeing Torres yesterday, after seeing his previous starts, reinforces my belief that he was really, really nervous and not properly composed in the earlier outings. Need to see more, but I'm cautiously optimistic.