9/3 Games

Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
Desmond Jennings went 7-7 against the Knights.

Dear lord.. :o

Take that Jerry Owens (In the INT league no doubt). I love me some Desmond Jennings. Still kinda hold a grudge with us not drafting a kid who was literally right in their own backyard in Birmingham. Then again that was in 2006 which was a dark time for our org. as far as drafting.

BTW.. Sergio Santos is terrible.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 02:35 AM)
Dear lord.. :o

Take that Jerry Owens (In the INT league no doubt). I love me some Desmond Jennings. Still kinda hold a grudge with us not drafting a kid who was literally right in their own backyard in Birmingham. Then again that was in 2006 which was a dark time for our org. as far as drafting.

Desmond Jennings

Tim Beckham

Wade Davis

Matt Moore

Jeremy Hellickson

These are five of the top 'spects in baseball (as I know a prospect lover like you already knows). TB has an absolute embarrassment of riches right now. I know they had the luxury of all those high round picks all those years they were terrible. But you still have to make the right pick. And that's certainly not as easy in baseball as in say a sport like basketball.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 02:17 AM)
44 doubles for cj. that guy can flat out hit. great find by the sox. im excited to see where he goes from here

those doubles have a chance to turn into HR eventually, and if that happens Retherford has a chance to be a solid major leaguer

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 08:56 PM)
Kannapolis just got their 80th win, they have the best record in the Sally League. Birmingham's on the verge of win #89. The best record in the Southern League by far.

Its sad when the minor teams are going to have more wins than the big team while playing a ton less games.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 08:47 AM)
Its sad when the minor teams are going to have more wins than the big team while playing a ton less games.

I'm holding out hope for 90 wins for the Barons. That would be out of 140 games. Right now, they're 43 games over .500.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 02:35 AM)

That's what happens when you convert an infielder into a pitcher and rush him through 4 levels of the minors all in less than 6 months. He was a NRI in spring training as an infielder. The White Sox traded him to the Giants, but he wound up back with the Sox and was converted. He does throw some serious gas though.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 12:06 AM)
Top 5 postseason maybe? I'm thinking about it.

If we're going to be removing players called up from consideration (Flowers and Hudson mainly) then CJ can definitely fit IMO.

If not, right now I'd probably go:

1. Flowers

2. Viciedo

3. Hudson

4. Danks

5. Mitchell

I'd probably have CJ 6th in the top-10 with Jones, Phegley, Shirek, maybe Morel.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 04:22 PM)
If we're going to be removing players called up from consideration (Flowers and Hudson mainly) then CJ can definitely fit IMO.

If not, right now I'd probably go:

1. Flowers

2. Viciedo

3. Hudson

4. Danks

5. Mitchell

I'd probably have CJ 6th in the top-10 with Jones, Phegley, Shirek, maybe Morel.

You can't leave out Christian Marrero.

QUOTE (daggins @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 05:08 PM)
Not sure I see how shirek is a better prospect than john ely considering he's older and has less impressive numbers.

My top 5 is the same as KHP but after that it gets fuzzy.

Shirek IMO is the guy with the better stuff and higher ceiling while Ely is the kind of guy that could be an overachiever. With 4 starters under control, an option on Freddy, and Danny Hudson knocking on the door, it's probably unlikely either end up in Chicago unless it's out of the pen, and both would be facing a numbers game in that scenario. Kenny will probably trade them both.