White Sox very long game winner!

Balta1701

Kudos go to:

Freddy, AJ, Pods, Thornton, Jenks, Josh, the good Dotel.

Nice jobs.

Goat horns go to

Dye, Pena; Rios (though he did get the bunt down in extra innings only to see the runner die at second).

Edited by greg775

Kudos go to:

Freddy, AJ, Pods, Thornton, Jenks, the good Dotel.

Nice jobs.

Goat horns go to

Pena; Rios (though he did get the bunt down in extra innings only to see the runner die at second).

I love how you constantly bash Rios whenever you get the chance, yet not Dye when he is playing just as bad offensively and even worse defensively.

QUOTE (son of a rude @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 04:48 AM)
I love how you constantly bash Rios whenever you get the chance, yet not Dye when he is playing just as bad offensively and even worse defensively.

I forgot Dye, just edited him in. My bad. He truly was horrific, but in a sad, shake your head kind of way.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (klaus kinski @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 08:39 AM)
Seriously, How can Pods not be considered for a part on this team next year?

He plays every day, hard, and has to be at/near the top of AL lead-off men this year, and does not appear worn down like others on the team

He is not as worn down cause he has played about half as much this season as the other regulars. I think he would be a decent option, but if he gets to much work it takes a toll on him physically which led to the injury problems he had here before. I think he could be a good platoon option which means we still need to find another OF for next season as none of the farm guys will likely be ready.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 10:30 AM)
He is not as worn down cause he has played about half as much this season as the other regulars. I think he would be a decent option, but if he gets to much work it takes a toll on him physically which led to the injury problems he had here before. I think he could be a good platoon option which means we still need to find another OF for next season as none of the farm guys will likely be ready.

Konerko - 134 games played.

Ramirez - 129 games played.

Dye - 126 games played.

Pierzynski - 122 games played.

Podsednik 113 games played.

Think i am missing something in regards to the bold. The italicized part is hogwash, playing time did not lead to his injuries, being prone to injury is what led to his injuries.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 08:54 AM)
Konerko - 134 games played.

Ramirez - 129 games played.

Dye - 126 games played.

Pierzynski - 122 games played.

Podsednik 113 games played.

Think i am missing something in regards to the bold. The italicized part is hogwash, playing time did not lead to his injuries, being prone to injury is what led to his injuries.

Games played by Pods the previous 2 years combined: 155. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but it's been a while since he's had this kind of heavy use.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 04:30 PM)

It can happen any player and not just Pods so I don't see how he can be criticized. Konerko had a bad foot and bad thumb, Thome had a bad foot and back and Quentin cracked his wrist bone and has a bad foot, etc, etc. Injuries are just part of the game. Pods has done well with this team and is healthy

Edited by elrockinMT