Dan Hudson to Start VS Twins

ThunderBolt

I think the kid looked great for a first start; had a few hiccups but really worked out of it; had pretty good command. Had the rookie strike zone which is nonexistant and if he continues to paint corners and get the calls he will have a major impact. Saw Coop and Ozzie jawing at the ump over the strike zone difference for Blackburn. Add a cutter and he will be deadly. I can't wait to see him in the bigs next year! :gosoxretro:

Hudson wasn't the problem last night - it's impossible to win without scoring at least one run.

Hudson had a decent but not spectacular outing. On the positive side, if the defense and his control had been better, he could have escaped with no runs. On the negative side, he committed a serious 2-base error to put a leadoff batter (O-Cab) on, he threw too many pitches and didn't go deep, and he walked too many, including Punto (twice!).

If he had been a vet, he probably would have gotten a tongue-lashing from Coop or Ozzie after the first Punto walk:

"He's batting .220 and can barely hit the ball out of the infield - throw him strikes and make him put it in play!"

or

"Kid, you're in the majors now - it's OK to walk 'Pu-jols' if the situation is right, but not 'Pu-nto'!"

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 08:46 AM)
Pretty sure that MB will miss his last start as well

Given how bad he's been in his last two starts (and below-average overall for the past two months) and that we're basically out of it, I think that this is the smart move.