Something to consider on the potential trade front.

southsider2k5

QUOTE (East Side Z @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 02:23 PM)
My point was I heard Beckham on the radio very recently and he said he PREFERRED to play short out all the positions he can play.And YES i trust him since he's played the DAMN position before.

Of course he prefers SS. He has played there all of his life. Jermaine Dye played SS growing up too, and I am sure not in a hurry to move him back there either. That doesn't mean he is good at it.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it would be Nix's horrible defensive play at anywhere but second base that disqualifies him if you ask me.

[/quote

If you send Nix to winter ball and put him at 3rd base,then coming into ST you play him at 3rd.........He will be fine............He wont be Brooks Robinson but he'll do ok......How hard is that to understand.

Edited by East Side Z

QUOTE (East Side Z @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 02:28 PM)

Actually it would be Nix's horrible defensive play at anywhere but second base that disqualifies him if you ask me.

If you send Nix to winter ball and put him at 3rd base,then coming into ST you play him at 3rd.........He will be fine............He wont be Brooks Robinson but he'll do ok......How hard is that to ubderstand.

I understand you are making stuff up. I am going off of Nix's actual play last year. It isn't nearly as simple as you want it to be. Nothing in his minor or major league career shows he can play 3B on even a semi-regular basis. The biggest indicator of this, is his ACTUAL PLAY at 3B.

If you send Nix to winter ball and put him at 3rd base,then coming into ST you play him at 3rd.........He will be fine............He wont be Brooks Robinson but he'll do ok......How hard is that to ubderstand.

I understand you are making stuff up. I am going off of Nix's actual play last year. It isn't nearly as simple as you want it to be. Nothing in his minor or major league career shows he can play 3B on even a semi-regular basis. The biggest indicator of this, is his ACTUAL PLAY at 3B.

Did you think Uribe can play 3rd base, when he was playinG SS?

QUOTE (East Side Z @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 02:37 PM)
Did you think Uribe can play 3rd base, when he was playinG SS?

The funny thing about that is on the days when they played Uribe at 3B, he didn't completely suck at it, like Nix did. Go back and compare their fielding numbers at 3B, even if you want to completely ignore the eye test.

The funny thing about that is on the days when they played Uribe at 3B, he didn't completely suck at it, like Nix did. Go back and compare their fielding numbers at 3B, even if you want to completely ignore the eye test.

I think Nix can handle 3rd base ....thats all and you dont fine.

QUOTE (East Side Z @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 02:49 PM)
When he gets 500-600 at bats and hits .220 then i will belive you untill then,its all speculation on my part and yours...........

He hit .261/.332/.415 in the minors over 3250 AB's. Starting Nix at 3rd is the infield equivalent of starting DeWayne Wise in CF.

Edited by League

QUOTE (East Side Z @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 02:53 PM)
If he hits .260 with 22 hrs playing avarage 3rd base..and maybe 80 RBI's ..........What would you say then?

I would point out that it would be the only the second time he had ever eclipsed 20 HR or 80 RBI during his entire professional career and that he probably racked up about 150 K's while doing it.

Oh hey, more reasons not to start the guy. His "pop" is within the 15-20 range. People are pegging him as some perennial 25-30 HR threat that he just isn't.

If he hits .260 with 22 hrs playing avarage 3rd base..and maybe 80 RBI's ..........What would you say then?

I say his awful defense combined with a below average offensive production is a huge hole on both sides of the ball for the White Sox. Crede could get away with that because he was a plus defender and he was clutch. Nix has proven to be neither so far.

QUOTE (East Side Z @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 02:54 PM)
How many HR's did he have last year in a limited amount of AB's??

He hit 12, 8 of them against left handers where he produced an acceptable line for a bench player - .256/.326/.496.

Against righties, he hit 4, and produced a .194/.292/.328 line.

Unless the Sox face only left handed pitchers next season, Nix should be on the bench.

You're pulling this out of your ass. You're just making up numbers. Josh Fields still has more potential than Jayson Nix, and the only reason Nix gets playing time while Josh does not is because Josh isn't as versatile defensively. If Nix can put up the line you suggested next year then Josh can hit .270 with 35 bombs and 110 RBI. They're both 27 next year and Josh has had more success at the MLB and MiLB levels. But, neither player can hit MLB pitching and therefore neither player should be starting for a contending team.

QUOTE (East Side Z @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 12:23 PM)
My point was I heard Beckham on the radio very recently and he said he PREFERRED to play short out all the positions he can play.And YES i trust him since he's played the DAMN position before.

Konerko was a catcher growing up and played it into his minor league career. Doesn't mean I want him there.

Nix can handle 3B, but he doesn't have the premium arm to be a great defensive 3Bman. And he would be the worse offensive 3b in baseball.

Again for the mentaly retarded here...........I never said I want 100% Nix to play 3rd base...........This was all about if Kenny moves Alexie and Beckham gets moved to SS...............Which is not outrages since ...for the last time is his NATRUAL position.

QUOTE (East Side Z @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)
That's what Beckham said you dumb ass...........I think he would know better then me and you.

Well thanks for playing the game, but you are now gone. Personal attacks are un-acceptable.

But just because Beckham wants something doesn't mean its for the betterment of the team. Nick Swisher wanted more starts for the Sox last year and that would have been awful. I'm sure Linebrink wanted to pitch in more meaningful positions and I certainly bet Brent Lillibridge wishes he was still the starter, doesn't mean its going to happen.

QUOTE (East Side Z @ Oct 23, 2009 -> 05:56 PM)
I finaly understand why people hate these message boards.................

I've only seen about 5 posts you've made and they were all terrible, do yourself a favor and check the mirror if you don't get banned first.

edit: too late

Edited by lostfan