$60 million for Chapman

Cubano

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
Genius.

;)

I thought about doing the comparison when Cubano first scoffed at the notion that Alexei and Lugo are comparable, but I didnt want to detract from the argument at hand.

But immediately I thought "well yeah, Lugo and Alexei ARE a pretty good comparison."

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
I thought about doing the comparison when Cubano first scoffed at the notion that Alexei and Lugo are comparable, but I didnt want to detract from the argument at hand.

But immediately I thought "well yeah, Lugo and Alexei ARE a pretty good comparison."

Except, I compared Lugo's best season versus a decline year for Ramirez, so yeah, it wasn't totally fair.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 16, 2009 -> 08:05 AM)
I'd love to get Leslie Andersen on this team. He's a great all-around player, i'm just not sure he has a place here. Much of his value comes from his versatility, and we'd likely have to stick him in a Corner.

I think the WS will land at least one these players.

I wrote this about Anderson.

http://cubanballplayers.blogspot.com/2009/...fifth-best.html

I wrote this about Cuban 1B in exile.

http://cubanballplayers.blogspot.com/2009/...basemen-in.html

QUOTE (Cubano @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 10:50 AM)
I think the WS will land at least one these players.

I wrote this about Anderson.

http://cubanballplayers.blogspot.com/2009/...fifth-best.html

I wrote this about Cuban 1B in exile.

http://cubanballplayers.blogspot.com/2009/...basemen-in.html

Is Anderson being repped by Jaime Torres? If so your write up makes him sound like something we could use.

If the numbers you gave on your site are correct then he walked once every 7.5 AB and struck out once every 8.3 AB in Cuba. So I guess that would be kind of like a prospect drawing 67 BB vs. 60 K's in 500 AB in Birmingham or something. That definitely sounds interesting, and if he has a little bit of pop to go with that I'd be all for it assuming it wasn't extremely expensive. But I'd look at him to be a Kotsay replacement who kind of starts all over the place and gets regular playing time that way instead of a straight starter somewhere.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Oct 17, 2009 -> 11:40 AM)
Is Anderson being repped by Jaime Torres? If so your write up makes him sound like something we could use.

If the numbers you gave on your site are correct then he walked once every 7.5 AB and struck out once every 8.3 AB in Cuba. So I guess that would be kind of like a prospect drawing 67 BB vs. 60 K's in 500 AB in Birmingham or something. That definitely sounds interesting, and if he has a little bit of pop to go with that I'd be all for it assuming it wasn't extremely expensive. But I'd look at him to be a Kotsay replacement who kind of starts all over the place and gets regular playing time that way instead of a straight starter somewhere.

I think he is represented by the new company created by Jorge Toca who played for the Mets and also played for White Sox AAA team. I think KW will go after somebody like Anderson or Jose Ruiz who will not cost too much. The numbers are correct. The stats I post in my blog are correct.

The Tigers have contacted Chapman's camp. He may be striking out Alexei and Dayan in detriment of Sox fans. Ha, ha, ha.

Even the Orioles have expressed interest. That is interesting giving the refusal of the O's to sign recent arrive defectors.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 05:02 PM)
The Tigers have contacted Chapman's camp. He may be striking out Alexei and Dayan in detriment of Sox fans. Ha, ha, ha.

Even the Orioles have expressed interest. That is interesting giving the refusal of the O's to sign recent arrive defectors.

it means nothing when they say "so-and-so" team has made interest. well of course every team will have interest in a talent like that. that doesnt mean they'll have the money though.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Oct 27, 2009 -> 05:06 PM)
Cubano do you go to O's games?

I go one or two times a year. I saw Kendry, Contreas and Alexei. The Nats ballpark is closer to me and I have not attended any games yet.

I have a bunch of minor leagues teams around. I went to see Juan Miranda when the he was in AA in Harrisburg. A little bit far though. I have the Frederick Keys, Hagerstown Suns, Bowie, Potomac Nationals, etc.

Edited by Cubano

• 4 weeks later...