It's a brand new season...

Heads22

We go into the series 4 games back so we won't come out of it in first so I hope the guys aren't putting pressure on themselves to get a sweep. With Minnesota losing we are starting to get some distance from them, hopefully we can take 2 out of 3 from KC and Minny keeps losing behind us.

I can't wait for the KC series.  I think we will take 2 of 3 or sweep them.  I would be very happy if we took 2 out of the 3, and left only 2 games back of first place. :headbang

If we took 2 of 3 we'd be 3 games back, but it would still be pretty nice.

Take it one game at a time.

no white sox fan should expect a sweep of the royals, taking 2 out of 3 is really all we should ask for. There are still 50-some games left, we have plenty of time to make up 4 games, we gained 3 games in this past week right? one game at a time people

I think the key is starting pitching.

We need Buehrle, Garland, and Loaiza to be untouchable. They are pretty much the most consistent guys we can go for. You can count on Buehrle for keeping the team in the game, and Garland and Loaiza have been 7-8 IP 2 ER everytime out. It'd be nice to see our starters dominate, and us get an EARLY lead. It is key for us to get up first so we have them in defense. Plus we have Gordon and Everyday Marte ready to go and Wunsch has looked fantastic...EVERYTHING IS GOIN FINE.

Roman said:

"We must sweep this series. Winning 2 of 3 will put us three games back. We gotta leave KC only one game back. We can beat them but our pitching and clutch hitting (no stranding runners on 2nd and 3rd with none out) must come thru..."

Roman get real.

We are not going to sweep this series.

We must win one game to stay in the race.

If we win two, we should be happy.

If we lose all 3, we might as well concede.

Roman said:

"We must sweep this series. Winning 2 of 3 will put us three games back. We gotta leave KC only one game back. We can beat them but our pitching and clutch hitting (no stranding runners on 2nd and 3rd with none out) must come thru..."

Roman get real.

We are not going to sweep this series.

We must win one game to stay in the race.

If we win two, we should be happy.

If we lose all 3, we might as well concede.

I feel that's disrespecting the Royals to say we're gonna sweep them or we have to sweep them. We don't have to sweep them...Sure it would be great but 2 outta 3 should be the goal. I like a lot of people dismissed the Royals after their hot start. But we're comin up on August. Anybody in 1st place this long is legit.

Saying we have to sweep them isnt disrespect. Sweeping them will be disrespect, but screw em! I like when the Sox disrespect people...

Sweeping the Royals wouldn't be disrespecting them, it would be showing that we are here and we aren't going away. I don't think we need to sweep them, however, we should win 2 of 3. That's what we need to go for the rest of this year, winning each series.

I'm not a low standard quitter, I'm saying a.) we're not gonna sweep. So that means b.) we either win 2 or lose 2.

By winning two that would be great. Losing two would not eliminate us.

Losing 3 and we might as well do the firesale trade.