3 deaths at Gitmo

bmags

perhaps if they made a movie about this with tom cruise...er, sorry, i unno who the kids like...Jack Gyllenhall as a crusading lawyer out to get the truth about this cover up and jack nicholson as the head officer people would care about a military cover up killing 3 prisoners. And it's probably a bigger deal now that we know just how many innocent people were put in guantanimo

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 12:04 PM)
Yeah but they were all dark skinned Muslims so who cares.

It is all part of our "Manifest Destiny", not only sea to shining sea, but the rest of the "non Christian" world.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 01:40 PM)
But yeah...i wonder what comes of this..probably nothing. The executive branch will never be held accountable for crimes forevermore.

No doubt. And there's barely any concern from the citizenry.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
But yeah...i wonder what comes of this..probably nothing. The executive branch will never be held accountable for crimes forevermore.

Of course they will. Just wait until there's a Republican Congress and a Democratic President. I guarantee you, they'll have no problem prosecuting. Moving forward, or bringing the country together, or all these other excuses that the press has given for why we can't investigate the last administration...well, you remember the scene in 1984 where they switched enemies and suddenly we'd always been at war with Eastasia?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
While i grant that this a more obscure 1984 reference i think there should be a moratorium on 1984 references until every dumb hack stops screaming "THIS IS JUST LIKE BIG BROTHER"

They need a "Big Brother" ammendment to Godwin's Law.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 01:23 AM)
But I still dont get who John Galt is?!

The rich guy from Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" who leads a revolution of rich people who decide they don't want to contribute to society to punish the government for being so intrusive.

You know, I ought to write the sequel to that novel, where Galt gets bailed out by the Feds.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
The rich guy from Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" who leads a revolution of rich people who decide they don't want to contribute to society to punish the government for being so intrusive.

You know, I ought to write the sequel to that novel, where Galt gets bailed out by the Feds.

you should write the sequel where 60 years later the magical inventions her completely moral industrialists magically created still are not even feasible except through the imagination of a russian immigrant. Oh, and also where the social democracies doomed to fail actually maintained the same amount of growth. It would be dynamic.

I would keep the deranged sex scenes though. No one confused ole Ayn for a prude!

I was making a joke about overused chiches from literature. The resemblance of Ellis Wyatt torching his oil fields and the recent demise of healthcare reform are eerily similar, though. They want to stop the looters without realizing that they are the ones doing the looting.

I would keep the deranged sex scenes though. No one confused ole Ayn for a prude!

Just ask Alan Greenspan, ugh.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 08:06 AM)

Don't forget the over-unity magic machine and the perfect society where everyone gets along and no one infringes on someone else's property rights!