The Royals traded for Grame Lloyd

Mathew

KANSAS CITY -- The Royals made a move to bolster their bullpen Monday by acquiring veteran left-hander Graeme Lloyd from the Mets for Triple-A right-hander Jeremy Hill.

Lloyd, 35, is an 11-year veteran. He was 1-2 with a 3.31 earned run average this year for the Mets. Hill, 25, was with the Royals earlier this year. He was 1-3 with a 7.81 earned run average at Triple-A Omaha.

With Jeremy Affeldt recently moved to the bullpen, the Royals now have two lefty relievers. For most of the year, they had no left-handers in the bullpen.

There are tons of lefties out there. If we want a lefty out of the pen, I would opt to not trade anyone, but rather bring up Arnie Munoz and his Zito-like curveball.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't Stanton sign for like 3-years? I don't want him for that. Because IIRC, his contract is 3-years, $9 mill, with him getting $2 mill this year, $3 mill next year, and $4 mill the year after that. I'd much rather have Marte, Munoz, and Wunsch then have Marte, Stanton, and Wunsch. I like Marte, Munoz, and Wunsch, because all 3 are different style pitchers, and if I'm thinking right, 2 of them could go against righties as well.

IMO, we trade for one solid starter for down the stretch, and that's all we will need. Put Koch on waivers....if he clears, send him to AAA. If he doesn't, HALELUJIA(I just slaughtered that word). You can then bring up Munoz, and Wright, andDiaz to use in the pen(which ever you want first). That is then a pen of White, Gordon, Glover, Wunsch, Marte, and I'll say Wright. I say we try to trade White and Glover to the Cards and get something(I'm not sure what though....as far as I'm concerned, 3 fringe prospects would do the trick). Tony LaRussa gave White some baseball loving last year, and I'm sure he could find some use for Glover. We then bring up Munoz and Diaz....and you have a pretty good pen right there. Cheap bullpen which is also effective. Looks good on paper.

yeah what the hell are you thinking putting Koch on waivers?

That would be like the reds putting Griffey on waivers because he hasnt been putting up the numbers he use to and OBVIOUSLY isnt what he was...

I wouldnt even say Koch is having a bad year.. Hes blown what 4 saves, that isnt that much, and his era is like 5.43 which is bad, but I mean its not that bad because relievers suffer big time with the era, you can get your ERA really high and it takes forever to get back down due to the ammount of innings you throw..

Koch is going to be better next year and I am sure he will get better as we head down the stretch, but releasing him or sending him down would be a waste

I wouldnt even say Koch is having a bad year.. Hes blown what 4 saves, that isnt that much, and his era is like 5.43 which is bad, but I mean its not that bad because relievers suffer big time with the era, you can get your ERA really high and it takes forever to get back down due to the ammount of innings you throw..

I guess you haven't been watching many games this season.

Koch isn't having a bad year, he's having a TERRIBLE year. In fact, he hasn't even been close to respectable at all this season.

Case in point, he's lost 8 MPH on his velocity, which greatly hurts his out pitch which is his fastball. He really doesn't have anything off speed that can get hitters out and his fastball has been straight with no movement all season.

I'd say that pretty much sums up Koch's season: TERRIBLE.