2010 College Baseball Thread

chimpy2121

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fullerton swept the rival dirtbags on the road this weekend to clinch a tie of the Big West title and clinch a postseason birth. 19th consecutive year the Titans have reached the postseason (3rd longest streak in the nation). It is also there 32nd postseason bid in the colleges 36 year history of playing baseball.

Record climbs to 34-14. Pretty crazy considering at one point this year, the Titans won 2 out of 3 to bring there record above .500 to 12-11.

Titans are 22-3 in there last 25 games.

Miami and Florida State are the teams with more consecutive post-season births, both with 30+ seasons in a row.

Fullerton ended up losing its 2nd best position player, Gary Brown on Sunday. Broken finger, out a couple weeks. Hopefully he's back in time for postseason play. Guy is hitting around .450.

He actually profiles as someone the Sox might look at if he falls into the 2nd round (most mocks have him going late 1st or in the supplemental round though).

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ May 26, 2010 -> 07:10 PM)
Our team sucks. Depending on how much longer 11 wants to stick around, he might be getting the Bobby treatment soon.

Seems like he's already getting that treatment by a lot of posters on warchant.

It seems like Martin has just decided not to recruit enough quality arms.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 26, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)

That was a good series between us (UVA) and you guys last weekend. Look forward to the game on Sat.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 26, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)

I put that on Shoupe, but I still think Martin might need to go soon if he doesn't turn it around.

Nothing like blowing a 5 run lead in the 9th to lose in extra innings. 4th time this season we've blown a multi-run lead in the 9th this year.

This team is so frustrating. I really cant wait until the season is over.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 28, 2010 -> 02:20 AM)
Fullertons national seed chances increased with a midweek victory over UCLA, a team it is contending with a national seed for. Now hopefully they can sweep this weekend and things work out. Either way, I like my Titans chances.

South Carolina going 0-2 in the SEC tournament should get you guys in.

Watching my former teammate Bobby Brosnahan pitch vs Minnesota in the Big Ten Tourney. He was spectacular my Junior year, was second team All State, skinny and short lefty with some nasty offspeed pitches. Senior year he had tommy john surgery and red shirted his freshman year at Michigan. Great to see him pitching well now.

If he can get up to 90pmh by the time he is a junior he will be a very good pitcher because his offspeed stuff is just so good. I had never seen a change up that good by someone in high school. 61k's in 72 IPs, not bad at all for his first year.

I will never forget the game where he went 7 IP, with 19Ks. He shouldve had a no hitter but was broken up by a flair with one out to go.

Thanks. We really backed our way into it outside of the UVA game. Oh well, first major sport ACC Title I've been here for. Wish we were hosting, but we don't deserve it after the Clemson series. Hopefully we get sent to UConn although I'm guessing Auburn.

Titans win all 4 games they played in this weekend to finish the regular season at 41-15. They were on a tear down the stretch. This team was like 11-11 at one point in the season.

I know the Titans earned one of the regional sites but my big question is whether they are going to be a top 8 seed.

Surprised to see GT get the final national seed spot.

UCLA looks to be in the toughest regional. I think the Louisville regional is weak, just 2 teams have a legit shot at winning that.

Florida got some tough teams too. Oregon St is no slouch and FAU is capable of winning that regional too IMO. Bethune is always tough for a game.

I like Miami's chances to win their regional.

And FSU should advance even if its on the road. UCONN may be real good but perception is that FSU shouldnt be losing to northern schools like UCONN.

I think Miami got the easiest regional of the Florida schools followed by FSU and then Florida.

Edited by zenryan

I'm not happy about going to UConn as a number one seed instead of hosting, especially since UConn only had 650 people at the last game of their season, but I will be extremely disappointed if we don't advance as it should be an easy regional. Hopefully the ACC represents well.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 31, 2010 -> 10:38 AM)
Surprised to see GT get the final national seed spot.

UCLA looks to be in the toughest regional. I think the Louisville regional is weak, just 2 teams have a legit shot at winning that.

Florida got some tough teams too. Oregon St is no slouch and FAU is capable of winning that regional too IMO. Bethune is always tough for a game.

I like Miami's chances to win their regional.

And FSU should advance even if its on the road. UCONN may be real good but perception is that FSU shouldnt be losing to northern schools like UCONN.

I think Miami got the easiest regional of the Florida schools followed by FSU and then Florida.

I was irked the Titans didn't pull one of the natioanl seeds, but after seeing the regional draw they got I'm ok with not being a top 8 seed. Stanford historically owns us in the post-season though, but hopefully my Titans stay hot.

I have no idea who they will end up playing. UCI is a good post-season team of late and has lots of experience (scary 3 seed) and LSU is on fire with the talent of a national 8 seed (but unfortunately for them there front line pitching hasn't clicked.