The Big Board!

JPN366

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 09:24 AM)
Any confirmation on McCulloch moving to AAA? His performance hasn't warranted it, but there's really no place left for him to go at this point

I think there is a good chance that McCulloch and Whisler are not long for this organization.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 09:24 AM)
Any confirmation on McCulloch moving to AAA? His performance hasn't warranted it, but there's really no place left for him to go at this point

That's true, but I didn't know where to slot him. He's played two whole seasons with B'ham, with no positive progress. They should've sold high on him in 2007. Ever since he landed in B'ham, it's been all downhill.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 11:00 AM)
I think there is a good chance that McCulloch and Whisler are not long for this organization.

That would be too bad for Whisler, he's a good guy who's worked hard and pitched well in Charlotte. I hope he gets a chance, if not with the White Sox, then somewhere.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 11:10 AM)
That would be too bad for Whisler, he's a good guy who's worked hard and pitched well in Charlotte. I hope he gets a chance, if with the White Sox, then somewhere.

Now that I think about it, I'd bet Whisler ends up in the pen as one of the two lefties (with Threets).

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 11:08 AM)
That's true, but I didn't know where to slot him. He's played two whole seasons with B'ham, with no positive progress. They should've sold high on him in 2007. Ever since he landed in B'ham, it's been all downhill.

I think the highest value McCullough had was the day he was drafted. It was all downhill after that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)
I think the highest value McCullough had was the day he was drafted. It was all downhill after that.

That's fair to say, but he did pitch really well for Winston-Salem in 2007.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
I know he had a good record and I think he made the Carolina League All Star team.

He was 7-7 on the season with a 3.64 ERA. You might be right on the AS thing, I don't know where to check that. Maybe he had a good first half.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
He was 7-7 on the season with a 3.64 ERA. You might be right on the AS thing, I don't know where to check that. Maybe he had a good first half.

I think it was a good first half, he was promoted to B'ham at the beginning of August in 2007.

Baseball America updated their minor league transactions, here are the cuts from minor league camp...

RHP Kevin Asselin, RHP Ben Fritz, RHP Brett Graffy, RHP Jacob Marceaux, RHP Orber Moreno, LHP Matt Jernstad, C John Curtis, C Zach Larson, 1B Todd Gossage, 2B Jesus Avila, 3B Jose Fulgencio, OF T.J. Bohn, OF Kent Gerst, OF Sergio Morales, OF Joe Persichina

...I'll have a massive update to the Big Board up tonight. As we know, Scott Elarton, Javier Castillo and Joe Torres were signed. Torres signing wasn't listed on the Baseball America site, but it was on MLB.com.

Edited by JPN366

New version up in the original post. I've based some things on the grouping of players involved in today's games. I think all the position players in the split squad against Seattle today were Birmingham bound. Yes, I'm predicting a return to the Barons for Cole Armstrong. The players used as subs in the game against the Knights on both sides, with the exception of Robbie Hudson, are Winston-Salem bound. There should be more releases to come, hopefully Baseball America will update those cuts sometime this weekend.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 08:51 PM)
New version up in the original post. I've based some things on the grouping of players involved in today's games. I think all the position players in the split squad against Seattle today were Birmingham bound. Yes, I'm predicting a return to the Barons for Cole Armstrong. The players used as subs in the game against the Knights on both sides, with the exception of Robbie Hudson, are Winston-Salem bound. There should be more releases to come, hopefully Baseball America will update those cuts sometime this weekend.

I joined just to post this. Got back from ST on Thursday and you would be right about Armstrong. I talked to him a little and he is going to start the season at Birmingham. Same with Joe Torres, although he seemed like he would be moving up to Charlotte fairly quickly. Armstrong seemed a little down, I guess he should.