Finding jeans that fit right

SouthsideDon48

Anyone else have trouble finding a decent pair of jeans that fit right? I'm sick and tired of trying on every pair of pants at Kohls and finding out that "this pair is way too tight", "this one doesn't have big enough pockets", etc etc.

In 2005 I lost 60 pounds and went fron a 42 inch waist to a 34/36, and I still can't find jeans that fit comfortably because the pants that fit right always end up having pockets that are too small that ends up making the pants too tight when I put my wallet in my pocket, and when I accommodate for that by getting a bigger size for bigger pockets the pants are too loose and I feel like I always have to pull my pants up.

I brought 2 pairs of loose-fit Levis that seemed to fit good when I first got them 3 weeks ago, but now I'm realizing they're just too loose and the 30" legging are too long to the point where they go underneath the heel of my shoes.

Why does it seem like finding the perfect pair of pants is impossible???? I admit, I have a cornbread-fed ass and legs thick as tree trunks, but my waist is narrower, which gives me an odd shape that is impossible to find the perfect pair of jeans for. :(

Anyone else have these same problems? And what brands of pants to other guys of heavy-ish build on Soxtalk wear?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a 34 waist. Shop at Express and Banana Republic vs Kohl's. You can find sales where jeans will be like $50 vs $90/$100. Banana Republic jeans are by far my favorite, and you can get them in really contemporary styles and colors. Express is good for a looser pair of jeans. Just don't get any girly super tight ones.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
I'm a 34 waste. Shop at Express and Banana Republic vs Kohl's. You can find sales where jeans will be like $50 vs $90/$100. Banana Republic jeans are by far my favorite, and you can get them in really contemporary styles and colors. Express is good for a looser pair of jeans. Just don't get any girly super tight ones.

The new Banana Republic straight leg jeans are awesome.

That said, I have a hard time seeing Southside Don rocking them.

In all honesty I only have 3 pairs of jeans. Two are Levi's and I forget which number. They're straight leg and a darker color. A bit on the tighter side. My other pair is some crazy expensive pair my wife bought me for Xmas from Macy's or Nordtrom's.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 11:01 AM)
I prefer gap to Banana or Express because im not that metrosexual.

Some of my friends definitely shop there, but they also wear classy scarves.

Just saying.

Express jeans fit me best, I'll also roll with some expensive brands for nights out as well. I think brands are very particular fitting and people need to find the ones that fit them best. Also get a girls opinion if you can, they pay attention to how jeans fit guys more than we do.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 11:12 AM)
Eddie Bauer makes some nice jeans, for relatively cheap.

I've never tried Banana Republic for jeans - I've bought a couple shirts there that wrinkle as soon as you put them on, so, no thanks. Too high maintenance.

Never buy 100% cotton button up shirts. I guarantee you that they offer other shirts that aren't 100% cotton. I always look for 97-99% cotton.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 11:01 AM)
I prefer gap to Banana or Express because im not that metrosexual.

Some of my friends definitely shop there, but they also wear classy scarves.

Just saying.

:lolhitting :lolhitting

that's just fantastic.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 11:16 AM)
I usually go with Levi's. If Levi's is a brand you prefer, you should go to an actual Levi's store where they have virtually every cut & fit that they make & you'll be able to get help with a fit that works best for you.

Good advice.

Uneducated and incorrect?

I hate to say it, but I decided to put Banana Republic and metrosexual into google, here was the first result:

From Urban Dictionary:

You might be "metrosexual" if:

1. You just can't walk past a Banana Republic store without making a purchase.

I then did a search of Express and metrosexual, here is the third result:

The Metro-Sexual Guide to Men’s Fashion

Which then went on to review Express shirts.

Now my friends who wear Express/Banana would admit that they are metrosexuals. They dress more fashionable than me and wear more expensive clothes.

Its not a negative remark, its just a fact.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 12:19 PM)
Uneducated and incorrect?

I hate to say it, but I decided to put Banana Republic and metrosexual into google, here was the first result:

From Urban Dictionary:

I then did a search of Express and metrosexual, here is the third result:

Which then went on to review Express shirts.

Now my friends who wear Express/Banana would admit that they are metrosexuals. They dress more fashionable than me and wear more expensive clothes.

Its not a negative remark, its just a fact.

Yeah, but we're talking jeans alone here. Their jeans don't scream metrosexual at all, depending on the style you choose.

I like to dress nicely, but anyone can shop for jeans at those stores.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
Yeah, but we're talking jeans alone here. Their jeans don't scream metrosexual at all, depending on the style you choose.

I like to dress nicely, but anyone can shop for jeans at those stores.

I dont think that Express is metro at all. I wear their formal shirts for work almost everyday and im fairly sure that business casual or wearing a suit to work isnt metrosexual.

Well the jean brand in and of itself isnt going to scream metrosexual. It would depend more on the cut and style of the pant.

My comment was more a generalization of the stores, and well a cheap shot at my friend who has started to wear a scarf because quite frankly it just looks ridiculous.

Its my opinion, and this thread is about opinions.

I dont think that Express is metro at all. I wear their formal shirts for work almost everyday and im fairly sure that business casual or wearing a suit to work isnt metrosexual.

Eh it depends.

I have a few formal shirts from express, Id consider them all more metrosexual than my formal shirts from say Brooks Brothers, Polo, or other shirts like that.

2 of them I would consider flat out metrosexual. I do have 1 that looks to be a perfectly plain shirt, but when I bought it they only had a few of that style, and the great majority of shirts were more like the 2 that were entirely metro.

Now if your asking why I bought them, its because I was shopping with my ex and she liked them.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 01:55 PM)
Well the jean brand in and of itself isnt going to scream metrosexual. It would depend more on the cut and style of the pant.

My comment was more a generalization of the stores, and well a cheap shot at my friend who has started to wear a scarf because quite frankly it just looks ridiculous.

Its my opinion, and this thread is about opinions.

This isn't Russia, is it, Denny?