Sergio Santos story on ESPN

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
It takes a pretty s***ty GM to be picking up players based on ESPN's stories.

I'm just saying that I'm fairly certain Santos is a pretty unknown commodity right now. When you have ESPN printing these articles I would imagine some GM's interest would peak a little. There isn't a team in the league that's not looking for bullpen help. Especially cheap bullpen help (and in this case a guy that routinely hits 95+ with his fastball).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
I'm just saying that I'm fairly certain Santos is a pretty unknown commodity right now. When you have ESPN printing these articles I would imagine some GM's interest would peak a little. There isn't a team in the league that's not looking for bullpen help. Especially cheap bullpen help (and in this case a guy that routinely hits 95+ with his fastball).

He might be unknown to the average fan, but there is zero chance he is unknown to every other organization in baseball. Between the minor league opponents, AFL, and all of the scouts that have seen him, people know who he is that matter. An article on ESPN didn't change Santos status amongst GMs.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 14, 2010 -> 02:05 PM)
I think he has a pretty nice slider to back up his fastball.

I would disagree with this somewhat. He does have a slider but it doesn't really have much movement, although breaking pitches don't move much in AZ b/c of the thin air. We'll probably see what he's got in april but i don't have a lot of hope for him succeeding out of the pen w/o a reliable 2nd pitch.