Escobar SS 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .265

Gilmore 3B 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 .339

Loman 1B 2 1 1 0 0 1 3 0 0 .287

Lewis DH 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 .373

Sierra C 2 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 .276

Cheatham LF 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .364

Garcia, An 2B 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .321

Greene CF 1 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 .344

Brandon Short now with a 26 game hitting streak (1B/2B)....only 5 more to go to tie the All-Time CAR League record.

Hudson through 6 IP:

7 hits, 2 ER (both in the 6th inning), 0 BB, 6 K's.

3 of the 7 hits were in the 6th inning. Looks like he's finding his rhythm again. 94 pitches thrown, so he might be done for the night.

He's only 21 years old and putting up those numbers in High A.

I think we have to AT LEAST think of him as capable of being a #6-12 type of prospect (eventually) in our system.

Because God knows there are a ton of holes in the games of both Shelby III and Danks. Between Colligan, Greene and Short, hopefully one of them really blossoms, and Mitchell can come back 100%.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 8, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
Short 5-6. Prospect or just hot?

He's definitely a prospect, but he also really needs to improve his K to BB ratio. But there is a lot to like. Also would like better SB numbers from him, but .387 from a 21-year-old in High A is definitely a legitimate prospect.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 8, 2010 -> 08:14 PM)
Short 5-6. Prospect or just hot?

Prospect for sure. 21 and in High A is very good. He might be the "rising" prospect we have this year.. you know.. guy who comes out of nowhere. (though a couple here have kept an eye on him last year)

Who knows.. at this rate, the second half team for Birmingham might be a bit more loaded as the season goes on. Guys like Greene, Bellamy, etc.. should get looks at promotions.

Edited by SoxAce

He's definitely a prospect, but he also really needs to improve his K to BB ratio. But there is a lot to like. Also would like better SB numbers from him, but .387 from a 21-year-old in High A is definitely a legitimate prospect.

I say if he rakes or does extremely well at BHam we got us a bonafide prospect. But as is well said the kid is only 21. Too early. Maybe by the end of next year.

He's only 21 years old and putting up those numbers in High A.

I think we have to AT LEAST think of him as capable of being a #6-12 type of prospect (eventually) in our system.

Because God knows there are a ton of holes in the games of both Shelby III and Danks. Between Colligan, Greene and Short, hopefully one of them really blossoms, and Mitchell can come back 100%.

I am really hoping he comes back strong. We need a good corner outfielder with upside. I am not ready to declare CQ a bust but maybe he is a one year fluke.