Show's Mohawk

KipWellsFan

He said in the Trib today that he covered it up when he went into the Sox clubhouse to meet the guys for the first time saying that he didn't want the guys to get the wrong impression. Glad to hear he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder and is trying to be cool with everyone.

He said in the Trib today that he covered it up when he went into the Sox clubhouse to meet the guys for the first time saying that he didn't want the guys to get the wrong impression.  Glad to hear he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder and is trying to be cool with everyone.

I think he will fit in nicely. You can never have too many lefties that throw 96 mph.

He said in the Trib today that he covered it up when he went into the Sox clubhouse to meet the guys for the first time saying that he didn't want the guys to get the wrong impression.  Glad to hear he doesn't have a chip on his shoulder and is trying to be cool with everyone.

i wonder which hat he had on? sox?

i remember reading about weaver and i believe it was when he got traded to the yanks. i may be wrong

on the team. but he walked in wearing another teams hat. all the players got upset at him, he didn't

care and mention that when he was approach that maybe he should wear a yanks hat. he asked why, he

like the other team and he will wear that hat.

i remember reading about weaver and i believe it was when he got traded to the yanks. i may be wrong

on the team. but he walked in wearing another teams hat. all the players got upset at him, he didn't

care and mention that when he was approach that maybe he should wear a yanks hat. he asked why, he

It didn't say if he had on a Sox hat, here is the whole thing...

Scott Schoeneweis wore a backward baseball cap as he walked through the White Sox clubhouse Wednesday, meeting his new teammates.

Schoeneweis, worried about making the wrong impression, didn't want his haircut to be a topic of conversation. He had ordered up something resembling a Mohawk in his final days in Anaheim.

"That's not really how I want to indoctrinate myself to my new team, talking about a Mohawk," he said. "I'm kind of hiding it right now. I slicked it back."

Schoeneweis probably felt better after seeing his locker was next to that of Kelly Wunsch, whose frosted, mop-like hair complements his hoop earring.

The Sox, of course, don't care about Schoeneweis' looks, only his performance.

Schoeneweis, who becomes the third lefty in the Sox bullpen, could have taken 72 hours to report to his new team. Instead he arrived Wednesday.

"The rules of the game say you have a certain amount of time to report," he said. "The unwritten rules say you report. Guys get traded all the time, but it's a first for me and it's something I have to get used to. But I'm excited to be here and be a part of what's going on here, and that's the pennant race."

Schoeneweis, who was squeezed out of the Angels' rotation late last season, said he didn't expect to be traded until the winter.

"You don't know how to prepare for it," he said. "Then it happens and it's a little shocking. I was more concerned with what I'd do with my family, all of that stuff. Baseball's baseball. You still have to make pitches. You're just wearing different colors."

Schoeneweis believes the Angels moved him in part because of his desire to be a starter.

"I didn't make it a secret that I wanted to start," he said. "Obviously, that's why I'm here. But I don't want to do anything that would hurt what the team has going on here.

"In the future I feel that I could contribute as a starter and would welcome that opportunity. I will need some stretching out to work on some things. I haven't thrown out of the windup in 13 months, let alone pitched like a starter or conditioned like a starter."

Sox officials agree. They say they'll give him a chance to win a job in the rotation next spring.

It won't happen this year because Schoeneweis has thrown only 382/3 innings with the Angels and never has exceeded 39 pitches.

"He hasn't pitched very much at all," manager Jerry Manuel said. "And it would be tough to stretch him out, with the importance of each game."

When Schoeneweis struggled as a starter last year, the Angels replaced him with rookie right-hander John Lackey. Schoeneweis did so well coming out of the bullpen, Anaheim left him there.

"It's kind of a double-edged sword," he said. "The only way to get back in the rotation is to pitch well. By pitching well, I kept myself in that [relief] role."

Schoeneweis has limited lefties to a .182 average this season while allowing no home runs in 77 at-bats.

Right-handed batters are 23 for 71 (.324) against him with two homers.

"I think I've pitched far better [against right-handers] than my numbers have shown," he said.

i know,i was hoping that it was a sox hat or that someone will have mention.

now,a player is going to the yanks, a team with a potential of going all the way.do you want to

piss off your teammates?

And actually thanks for the story because I had never heard that one before. It just reinforces my belief that Jeff Weaver is a complete dick head.

It didn't say if he had on a Sox hat, here is the whole thing...

Scott Schoeneweis wore a backward baseball cap as he walked through the White Sox clubhouse Wednesday, meeting his new teammates.

Schoeneweis, worried about making the wrong impression, didn't want his haircut to be a topic of conversation. He had ordered up something resembling a Mohawk in his final days in Anaheim.

"That's not really how I want to indoctrinate myself to my new team, talking about a Mohawk," he said. "I'm kind of hiding it right now. I slicked it back."

Schoeneweis probably felt better after seeing his locker was next to that of Kelly Wunsch, whose frosted, mop-like hair complements his hoop earring.

The Sox, of course, don't care about Schoeneweis' looks, only his performance.

Schoeneweis, who becomes the third lefty in the Sox bullpen, could have taken 72 hours to report to his new team. Instead he arrived Wednesday.

"The rules of the game say you have a certain amount of time to report," he said. "The unwritten rules say you report. Guys get traded all the time, but it's a first for me and it's something I have to get used to. But I'm excited to be here and be a part of what's going on here, and that's the pennant race."

Schoeneweis, who was squeezed out of the Angels' rotation late last season, said he didn't expect to be traded until the winter.

"You don't know how to prepare for it," he said. "Then it happens and it's a little shocking. I was more concerned with what I'd do with my family, all of that stuff. Baseball's baseball. You still have to make pitches. You're just wearing different colors."

Schoeneweis believes the Angels moved him in part because of his desire to be a starter.

"I didn't make it a secret that I wanted to start," he said. "Obviously, that's why I'm here. But I don't want to do anything that would hurt what the team has going on here.

"In the future I feel that I could contribute as a starter and would welcome that opportunity. I will need some stretching out to work on some things. I haven't thrown out of the windup in 13 months, let alone pitched like a starter or conditioned like a starter."

Sox officials agree. They say they'll give him a chance to win a job in the rotation next spring.

It won't happen this year because Schoeneweis has thrown only 382/3 innings with the Angels and never has exceeded 39 pitches.

"He hasn't pitched very much at all," manager Jerry Manuel said. "And it would be tough to stretch him out, with the importance of each game."

When Schoeneweis struggled as a starter last year, the Angels replaced him with rookie right-hander John Lackey. Schoeneweis did so well coming out of the bullpen, Anaheim left him there.

"It's kind of a double-edged sword," he said. "The only way to get back in the rotation is to pitch well. By pitching well, I kept myself in that [relief] role."

Schoeneweis has limited lefties to a .182 average this season while allowing no home runs in 77 at-bats.

Right-handed batters are 23 for 71 (.324) against him with two homers.

"I think I've pitched far better [against right-handers] than my numbers have shown," he said.

He must have a large vocabulary! Indoctrinate?