i just wanted to say.........

Guest hotsoxchick1

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

thank you guys for showing maturity and being nice when i first poped off about the foulke trades.... you guys here handled yourselves with the upmost respect of my feelings and my words... as you all know i posted this on the other two sites and took alot of s*** about it... one  site in particular (wsi) gave me the most grief, guess i had the news before they did for a change huh? lol.... i appreciate the kindness you all showed me, before, during and after it was finally announced.....i just wanted to THANK YOU ALL from the bottom of my  heart for being good friends... those of you who came on and defended me on the other sites i want to also thank you and let you  know how much your kindness was appreciated..........i know who my REAL friends are.......... ALL OF YOU HERE.........:D

For the record, don't mind a word what LipMan says... He's just an idiot.

Originally posted by zach23
Originally posted by Steff
Originally posted by hotsoxchick1... as you all know i posted this on the other two sites and took alot of s*** about it... one  site in particular (wsi) gave me the most grief, guess i had the news before they did for a change huh? lol.... 

If ya knew you were going to get grief about it there, and they aren't your "friends" then why do you bother to post there? So you can come back here and tell everyone how nasty they are?

Doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me

:huh

I don't see anything in HSC's post that says she expected to get grief for her announcement. I think she just wanted to share some news she had heard and was expecting that the Sox fans on all the different sites would like to hear about it. I think she was surprised that people gave her grief about it.

Why did her post that she had some inside news bother so many people? If someone didn't want to believe it than just ignore it and move on. To me the only reason her announcement would bother someone is if deep down they are jealous that they themselves were not in the position to make the announcement first. I know HSC and she isn't some insecure person that has to flaunt who or what she knows to get attention.

She had some news and wanted to share it with fellow fans.

It's also kinda sad to see the way that getupguy is being talked about there too. I've met Dan and he is a very nice guy. I've been at games with both him and HSC and had a great time.

Word Dogg! ;) I've also met HSC and Dan. Good people. Dan has given me and Guido free tix in the past with no expectation that we'd someday return the favor. And the only disagreement me and HSC had was who would start in CF last season. HSC still owes me a case of beer :D More than likely, the guys at WSI got their panties in a bunch when they weren't able to report on the exclusive..... and HOW DARE a poster and not a mod report on the news that he/she heard. :**** WSI!!!!!

Guest hotsoxchick1

ok guys i dont want any fighting over this on here, please .... steff to answer your question.. i post at three different sites.. this one, wsi (occasionaly, but do converse via private message with some people who i thought were friends), and the mlb boards.....my intention with this news was to put it out there for everyone to prepare themselves for a kw move......i didnt do it for glory or anything like that...when i heard about this move and knowing how some of the people felt about the guys involved i figured it best to give the heads up and let it sink in a bit before it was actually announced.... i figured wrong on the wsi boards.. i thought i had a few friends there who i engage in conversation both on and off the boards with... when they fired upon me like they did i was kind of shocked.....believe me in the future to hell with them.. they want to know something they will find it out like everyone else does.......i also didnt appreciate the way they fired upon the get up guy... who is the most dedicated sox fan i know, one of the biggest hearted persons i know, and who has done alot of people over there at wsi alot of favors as well.....i learened a lesson.. and i wont be back there anytime soon ill tell ya that....my starting this thread was to let my friends know i appreciated their defense, and their kind words....and to let them know i thank them for being the good friends they are....with that being said now.. i am suggesting next weekend either friday nite or saturday nite we have a board meeting at the local watering hole to discuss other topics of interest and celebrate the holiday season..... if anyones interested im suggesting the time outs on route 72 (higgins road) located in the popular creek bowling alleys... just east of barrington road in hoffman estates......say around 6 or 7ish pm.... if anyones interested lets get some plans rolling... i want to share a happy holiday drink with my pals... i got the first rounds........... :D

ok guys i dont want any fighting over this on here, please .... steff to answer your question.. i post at three different sites.. this one, wsi (occasionaly, but do converse via private message with some people who i thought were friends), and the mlb boards.....my intention with this news was to put it out there for everyone to prepare themselves for a kw move......i didnt do it for glory or anything like that...when i heard about this move and knowing how some of the people felt about the guys involved i figured it best to give the heads up and let it sink in a bit before it was actually announced.... i figured wrong on the wsi boards.. i thought i had a few friends there who i engage in conversation both on and off the boards with... when they fired upon me like they did i was kind of shocked.....believe me in the future to hell with them.. they want to know something they will find it out like everyone else does.......i also didnt appreciate the way they fired upon the get up guy... who is the most dedicated sox fan i know, one of the biggest hearted persons i know, and who has done alot of people over there at wsi alot of favors as well.....i learened a lesson.. and i wont be back there anytime soon ill tell ya that....my starting this thread was to let my friends know i appreciated their defense, and their kind words....and to let them know i thank them for being the good friends they are....with that being said now.. i am suggesting next weekend either friday nite or saturday nite we have a board meeting at the local watering hole to discuss other topics of interest and celebrate the holiday season..... if anyones interested im suggesting the time outs on route 72 (higgins road) located in the popular creek bowling alleys... just east of barrington road in hoffman estates......say around 6 or 7ish pm.... if anyones interested lets get some plans rolling... i want to share a happy holiday drink with my pals... i got the first rounds........... :D

Let me know what day and I will be there.

I hope my posts didn't sound angry towards Steff, I have no ill feelings toward her. I just wanted to voice my opinion that I thought she was wrong about HSC's intentions with the initial post.

thank you guys for showing maturity and being nice when i first poped off about the foulke trades.... you guys here handled yourselves with the upmost respect of my feelings and my words... as you all know i posted this on the other two sites and took alot of s*** about it... one  site in particular (wsi) gave me the most grief, guess i had the news before they did for a change huh? lol.... i appreciate the kindness you all showed me, before, during and after it was finally announced.....i just wanted to THANK YOU ALL from the bottom of my  heart for being good friends... those of you who came on and defended me on the other sites i want to also thank you and let you  know how much your kindness was appreciated..........i know who my REAL friends are.......... ALL OF YOU HERE.........:D

No problem, HSC. The deal sounded funky, but I stuck to your word. It happened, and when you say something, I'll always listen.

Too bad the jerks over at WSI just proceeded to flame you, because you sure as hell didn't deserve it.

HSC, I took everything you say seriously....if you said "I'm going to kick your ass" I'm going to look at my ass and watch for a foot. If you say

"Quit kissing up" I'll never again get a girlfriend that is taller than me. If you say "Brown noser" I will color my nose brown with a marker.

OK, maybe not....but when it comes to baseball and prospects and the like, I do....I believe you said that Maggs was going to be good....and you've said that Almonte, Miles, Olivo and Valentine are all going to be good. I've only been able to see one of them on TV, being Olivo, but he was pretty damn good from what I saw, for a September callup anyways.

I just wish we hadn't given up Valentine...man that hurts. Then again, if we want a power reliever with a decent to good curve, we have Dan Wright now don't we?

The whole deal on the other site was a bunch of bulls***. People were just looking for a fight. why? i couldnt tell ya. That's why i didnt bother getting pissy about it over there. i spoke my mind about it and defended Dan and Michelle who are 2 good friends of mine. I talk to michelle a lot more then Dan, but both are Very loyal and defensive when it comes to thier friends.

You would think any site would be happy about it and say "Thank you for the insider stuff". A few did, but some people need to be assholes for no reason at all. Pretty damn senseless to me. I didnt belive the news at first because it didnt make much sense, but i waited till i heard something before trying to publically humiliating someone. If Michelle was wrong, she would have eaten her crow. Not many over there ate theirs. O well. It's the offseason. Tiz the season to be brawling. :D

Originally posted by RedPinStripes

The whole deal on the other site was a bunch of bulls***. People were just looking for a fight. why? i couldnt tell ya. That's why i didnt bother getting pissy about it over there. i spoke my mind about it and defended Dan and Michelle who are 2 good friends of mine. I talk to michelle a lot more then Dan, but both are Very loyal and defensive when it comes to thier friends. 

You would think any site would be happy about it and say "Thank you for the insider stuff". A few did, but some people need to be assholes for no reason at all. Pretty damn senseless to me. I didnt belive the news at first because it didnt make much sense, but i waited till i heard something before trying to publically humiliating someone. If Michelle was wrong, she would have eaten her crow. Not many over there ate theirs. O well. It's the offseason. Tiz the season to be brawling. :D

I'll admit I didn't believe it either. But I was wrong and will admit it. I didn't say anything because I wasn't sure who her sources were or how reliable they were so I figured no use saying what I thought one way or the other. I guess some people just have to get "lippy" when they don't hear the story first.

O yeah, and every single journalist who breaks a story ALWAYS tells who their source is.

Dumbass.

I believed you michelle, and after some thinking and research, was the main reason I wrote a report about it before it happened. usually rumors I hear from people I don't write about, but yours was different.

the people at wsi are so ghey. i have known this for a while. they are so snobby, there is a group of people (george, cheeses, daver, voodoo etc) that depend on each other to make themselves look smart. if you ever try and prove them wrong they say something stupid like "learn to use the shift key, or I'm not reading your posts" or "WHOA BUDDY SAY HOW YOU REALLY FEEL". they are like the idiot kids in the back of a classroom.

it is disgraceful how they treated hsc because they weren't the source of the info. lip man has never said one intelligent thing, yet he talks like he writes for the NY Times or something. he just likes to feel important.

:**** Whiny s***heads Interactive

Guest hotsoxchick1

thanks again guys and gals for the support.... i made my last entry over there and wont be headed back ever......as for my offer to get the first rounds im thinking either friday the 13th (omg yea we do have one of those this month yikes...lol) or saturday the 14th....let me know which day is best for you all.... its my last free weekend untill after the new year... damn work always getting in the way of my social life...lol.....so lets party...........

Originally posted by Jjav829

I'll admit I didn't believe it either.

When HSC first posted the rumor she heard I thought the same thing..... somewhere along the line of, "Why would we be trading a closer for a closer when we need a starting pitcher?" Then I remembered who was GM'ing the White Sox and I knew not to call HSC out on Monday night when the deal didn't go down because I knew it would come to fruition eventually.

Originally posted by Spiff

the people at wsi are so ghey. i have known this for a while. they are so snobby, there is a group of people (george, cheeses, daver, voodoo etc) that depend on each other to make themselves look smart. if you ever try and prove them wrong they say something stupid like "learn to use the shift key, or I'm not reading your posts" or "WHOA BUDDY SAY HOW YOU REALLY FEEL". they are like the idiot kids in the back of a classroom.

it is disgraceful how they treated hsc because they weren't the source of the info. lip man has never said one intelligent thing, yet he talks like he writes for the NY Times or something. he just likes to feel important.

Hey,don't hold back,say what you really feel.

Originally posted by Spiff

I went there to read the thread in question and ran into a 30 post thread b****ing about one of the posters not using periods in his posts. Um, yea... whatever. I'm glad I'm here and they're there.

I just knew I would find a post like this over here. First of all let me say that I stayed completely out of the thread at WSI. I'm used to hearing rumors on MB's and know that I will find out eventually if they are true or not. Second, I just went through the entire thread over there and there were quite a few posts (60+)discussing the deal with a few people a bit wary over the credibility of the rumor. It was when Lip_Man (not exactly the most popular guy there) started demanding that HSC name her source that the problems started. I know I didn't exactly see anyone defending Lip and he did eventually apoligize. Even after the trade there were a number of posters congradulating HSC on reporting the deal before it was made. The problems started up again when GUG came in and blasted everyone for 2 posts and then stormed out. So really other than those two posters, nobody really trashed HSC. Most were just a little wary when the deal didn't happen on Monday as they were told. So all when all is said and done, HSC was vindicated and shouldn't worry about what Lip_Man thinks (nobody else does).

BTW HSC: when you post another inside scoop about a trade, this trade should be all the credibility you need.

Just my 2 cents...

Originally posted by Iwritecode

I just knew I would find a post like this over here. First of all let me say that I stayed completely out of the thread at WSI. I'm used to hearing rumors on MB's and know that I will find out eventually if they are true or not. Second, I just went through the entire thread over there and there were quite a few posts (60+)discussing the deal with a few people a bit wary over the credibility of the rumor. It was when Lip_Man (not exactly the most popular guy there) started demanding that HSC name her source that the problems started. I know I didn't exactly see anyone defending Lip and he did eventually apoligize.  Even after the trade there were a number of posters congradulating HSC on reporting the deal before it was made. The problems started up again when GUG came in and blasted everyone for 2 posts and then stormed out. So really other than those two posters, nobody really trashed HSC.  Most were just a little wary when the deal didn't happen on Monday as they were told. So all when all is said and done, HSC was vindicated and shouldn't worry about what Lip_Man thinks (nobody else does). 

BTW HSC: when you post another inside scoop about a trade, this trade should be all the credibility you need.

Just my 2 cents... 

You never get involved in teh bulls***. smart man. :D