Baseball Analysts

elrockinMT

Who scripts these characters anyway? I think it was Rod Allen on Fox yesterday for the Twinkies-Tigers game who made some goofy comment towards the end of the broadcast when talking about the AL Central

"The Twins are playing the best baseball in the division and everyone should watch out for the Twins" or something very similar to that.

Where has this guy been? I certainly believe the best ball in maybe both leagues is being played by the Chiago White Sox!

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 09:20 AM)
Who scripts these characters anyway? I think it was Rod Allen on Fox yesterday for the Twinkies-Tigers game who made some goofy comment towards the end of the broadcast when talking about the AL Central

"The Twins are playing the best baseball in the division and everyone should watch out for the Twins" or something very similar to that.

Where has this guy been? I certainly believe the best ball in maybe both leagues is being played by the Chiago White Sox!

Sorry to correct you here but he actually said they were playing the best AGAINST their AL Central opponents, and was saying the Tigers & White Sox need to improve their play within the division if they are going to win it.

But yes, generally I agree these morons say some pretty stupid things sometimes...

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 10:27 AM)
Sorry to correct you here but he actually said they were playing the best AGAINST their AL Central opponents, and was saying the Tigers & White Sox need to improve their play within the division if they are going to win it.

But yes, generally I agree these morons say some pretty stupid things sometimes...

Hah, talk about your all-time backfires...:)

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 11:27 AM)

Yes this is right. At first I thought the same thing that he was saying the Twins are playing the best, but I started paying attention and he was talking about just against the AL Central.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 04:27 PM)

I feel very strongly both ways about this :lolhitting I was sure I heard what I heard or is it just wanted I wanted to hear

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
I feel very strongly both ways about this :lolhitting I was sure I heard what I heard or is it just wanted I wanted to hear

Just watched the replay on archived mlb.tv, and yes, he said within the division against division foes, NOT in general :-)

Edited by JohnCangelosi