Boston weather

WhiteSoxfan1986

Yeah, I'd say noon/6 doubleheader on Saturday, and the regular game on Sunday afternoon. Sox have a day game on Monday in Detroit, so hopefully they get caught up by Saturday night.

I think Danks can handle pitching on 3 days rest in Detroit next Wednesday.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 06:39 PM)
Good, I would rather not have to play Boston. Save them for game 162 if we need to play it.

What do you mean? We're still going to play 2 Saturday against Boston.

And that will be a must win DH or at least a must-split DH. If we win one and Minnie wins one that would do us not a bit of good that day.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 02:56 PM)

And that will be a must win DH or at least a must-split DH. If we win one and Minnie wins one that would do us not a bit of good that day.

I think the weather will not clear up in time Saturday for them to be able to do a doubleheader. Forecasts that I've seen call for steady rain through midday. If they did like a 3p/7p DH, it might work.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)

I have heard the weather was so bad that we may not even be able to get all 3 games in.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
At this stage of the season they'd do what they did in KC ... a 6:10 p.m. twinbill. And come right back on Sunday.

It's not that easy. KC was able to have the traditional double header because their attendance was low enough to not cause dramatic effects. Baseball doesn't want lost revenue. Boston sells out all home games and they want both to remain as individually paid games. If you do a traditional twin bill now you automatically lose a game. If you can't do a day/night because of weather my guess is they'll still schedule an off day if there are any, or the day after the season if necessary. That way there's at least a possibility you don't lose the revenue from the game, if either team is in it.