AND THAT'S A TWINS LOSER!!!

chetkincaid

In all fairness, Crain has probably been their best pitcher down in the pen the last 3-4 months.

He's nothing like the Crain who pitched for them in 08-09, that's for sure.

Guerrier is really the weak link down there and the one who was torched, if anyone...along with Alexi Casilla and their infield defense.

-Baker left in the second inning with an elbow problem

-Blackburn came in in the 13th and took the loss.. he was supposed to start tonight against the Rangers

-Brian Duensing threw 2 innings after throwing 103 pitches on Tuesday.

-Gardenhire mortgaged his rotation for the next turn around to try to win one game.

-Capps couldn't pitch for a third straight game? I'm not sure what the workload was in those first few games, but given the situation I feel he would have made more sense than bringing in the starters.

-Fuentes has a bad back.

Their strength in pitching certainly seems to be weakened right now and the White Sox have Thornton coming back tonight and Putz on the brink. Torres and Harrell up in the bigs for mop-up or extreme situations if a game gets down to the 13th like this one did.

-The White Sox gained a game in the off days. Sox won Monday, Twins lost Thursday.

Edited by PlunketChris

Very good news to wake up to...both teams are playing contenders now so we need to show up in Boston, tough matchup tonight. Time to turn the tables on the twins and put a streak together...the Twins schedule after Texas is very week for the rest of the season so we are going to have to turn it on to catch them.

Edited by chiguy79

Wow, I didn't realize this until late this afternoon. I went to bed with a 7-3 Twins lead.

This could be THE game that hurts the Twins, given the game swing in the standings and all the pitching issues it raises for them all of a sudden. I've been waiting for their pitching to come back to earth. They were bad at the end of the first half, then too good to start the second half. If they settle back to reality, a good Sox run can and will catch them.