Mathematically Ova!

Quin

Didn't Mark hit the next hitter? What do you want him to do? Pull out a knife?

You hate Ozzie; I love Ozzie. We agree to disagree I guess. I know one thing. I'm not going to change my opinion and I would guess you won't either.

What "next hitter?" I don't believe I referenced any actual event. :huh:

I don't really hate Ozzie, although I guess I don't really like him either. He can't manage his way out of a paper bag and he even s***s on the fans now. I don't see anything to love, really.

But honestly greg, with the mentality you've shown I don't know if you're capable of disliking ANY manager based on the logic of some of your posts. I think you're another guy who 2005 brainwashed into thinking Ozzie was some amazing technical manager. I can't think of any other reason you might think the way you do.

Edited by TheBigHurt

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 02:59 PM)
You have to protect your players, greg. Why is that so hard to understand? People reiterating something that is common sense in the sport "amazes" you?

And isn't it interesting that Ozzie has been heavily criticized (here, at least) this year for not protecting his players when I do believe we used to complain he wanted to hit guys too much. What a difference a year or two makes, huh?

I honestly cannot think of one post in which I've seen that opinion.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 05:03 PM)
Seriously? It was widespread. People were fed up with Ozzie's being overly focused on payback. Remember Sean Casey? I think it was around that period of time.

I actually remember that. What pitcher did he publicly call out for not throwing at a batter? Was it Richard? Anyway, he went from that to where he seemed to just roll over...at least until Konerko got hit in the face.

I actually remember that. What pitcher did he publicly call out for not throwing at a batter? Was it Richard? Anyway, he went from that to where he seemed to just roll over...at least until Konerko got hit in the face.

Was there retaliation after that??? I honestly don't remember.

Yeah, the soft-tossing Buehrle hit the first batter in the upper arm.

Well I guess if one of his players getting hit in the FACE isn't enough to call for it, what is? LOL. Then again, I can't remember if we were winning or losing at that point. I HAVE to believe if we had been up a few runs in that Minny game, Young would have been DRILLED after what happened with him and AJ.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 06:04 PM)
Well I guess if one of his players getting hit in the FACE isn't enough to call for it, what is? LOL. Then again, I can't remember if we were winning or losing at that point. I HAVE to believe if we had been up a few runs in that Minny game, Young would have been DRILLED after what happened with him and AJ.

What really sucked was that it led to a 3-run inning. I was surprised they didn't wait until Young was up (I think he was 2nd up).

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 05:03 PM)
Seriously? It was widespread. People were fed up with Ozzie's being overly focused on payback. Remember Sean Casey? I think it was around that period of time.

Sean Tracey. The only thing that upset me about that situation was that Ozzie put the poor kid in his doghouse (from which nobody escapes) because he missed a guy he was supposed to hit. I am, and always have been, all for retaliation.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 10:20 AM)
Maybe. Maybe not. But they are an elite team this year so don't kid yourself that they're the Boof Bonser team from a few years ago. They can get 100 wins with their elite closer sidelined all year and a perennial triple crown contender missing for most of the 2nd half.

I did mention that they are good, and I know why.

But 100 wins would be out of the question if we hadn't handed them 5 or 6 on a silver platter, and if the rest of the division was just a little stronger.

My theory is that the Twins may suffer a small market inferiority complex that manifests on the national stage of the playoffs, regardless of their talent and regular season success. As opposed to the Rays, who play well in a much tougher division in front of pathetic home crowds yet seem to thrive in the spotlight. Seems like they do at least as much as te Twinkies with a whole lot less.

And then there's the never-fail SI cover-story-with-photo curse. Kiss. Of. Death.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 10:33 AM)
ON TOP OF THAT they then turned around and hit Juan Pierre later on that same game without retaliation from the Sox. There should have been a at least one Twin leaving the field with a concussion or a broken hand that night.

And I know I know... concussions are serious business and you never want to purposely injure another athlete and blah blah blah. Tell that to Pavano and punk ass Delmon Young.

Jerry Reinsdorf and Eddie Einhorn don't own the Sox. The Twins do. And as much as I love Ozzie, if he doesn't have the balls to inspire his team to protect themselves, then he can go have a nice life managing the Marlins or the Braves.

My point exactly. That's why I was hoping for a bench-clearing butt-kicking, with Ozzie leading the charge. At that point it wouldn't have mattered if half the team got suspended. We were done. And it might have at least begun the process of getting the Twinks out of the Sox collective heads.

PK was extremely lucky the ball caught his helmet first, as were the Twinks that all they got for beating on our guys all year was a love tap from our crafty lefty.

QUOTE (11and1 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
I did mention that they are good, and I know why.

But 100 wins would be out of the question if we hadn't handed them 5 or 6 on a silver platter, and if the rest of the division was just a little stronger.

Twins vs. ALC = 46-20

Twins vs. rest of league = 46-40

On the other side, the Yankees are 57-33 vs teams not in the ALE and Rays are 50-33.

The Twins have certainly benefitted from playing in a weak division.

Edited by Iwritecode